Question Black screen for gpu on apu system

Oct 13, 2019
A while ago I bought an rx 570 and got a compatible system from my friend because my main wasn't compatible. After putting in a new psu and shifting pieces around to get the GPU to fit I turned it on to a black screen, all the fans on the GPU are spinning and it powers on but just a black screen. I've tried disabling the r7 integrated graphics but no luck, any ideas?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Do you have access to any other gfx card you can try in that system? There should be no compatibility problems.
Is the HDMI cable connector fully seated? Sometimes the HDMI port on the card is so close to the expansion slot opening that the case metal keeps the connector from fully seating. That has happened to me.
Can you try a DVI cable instead of HDMI?

Oct 13, 2019
Do you have access to any other gfx card you can try in that system? There should be no compatibility problems.
Is the HDMI cable connector fully seated? Sometimes the HDMI port on the card is so close to the expansion slot opening that the case metal keeps the connector from fully seating. That has happened to me.
Can you try a DVI cable instead of HDMI?
I would have to get a dvi cable to try it.
I know I probably should have specified this and it's a really bad idea but, since it's an apu system the motherboard 18 pin connector keeps the GPU from being fully seated in the pcie slot 😬
Also I do have a GPU in my main PC but I would most likely not put the pc back together correctly even though I've done it multiple times

Last edited:

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I would have to get a dvi cable to try it.
I know I probably should have specified this and it's a really bad idea but, since it's an apu system the motherboard 18 pin connector keeps the GPU from being fully seated in the pcie slot 😬
Also I do have a GPU in my main PC but I would most likely not put the pc back together correctly even though I've done it multiple times
Yes, that would have been important to note. If the card won't fully seat, that is probably the problem.
But I'm not sure what 18-pin connector you are talking about that is keeping the card from fully seating. What motherboard do you have?

TRENDING THREADS