Question [BLACK SCREEN/FREEZING/LAG] My PC is performing strangely and I cant seem to solve it

Dec 1, 2020
There are two main issue.

The first only seems to happen in game, while the latter happens all the time, but more often in game.

Freezing:

When playing a game (Rocket League, Minecraft, Black Ops Cold War are the only games I play) My computer freezes for a second or two, the fans wine for a second, then its back to normal. This happens most regularly in Minecraft, about every minute. This happens in Rocket League and Cold War too but less regularly. I screen recorded it and it shows in the recording so it can't be my moniter. However, twice now, once in Minecraft and once in Cold War, the screen freezes and starts chopping/ freezing for around 10 seconds while my PC furiously beeps at me. The beeping is not regular though so I can't discern an error code. It doesn't do an extended beep, nor one short or two short beeps, it beeps quickly and choppily like "beep b bbee beb beep ebpbe e pbeb" (Sorry it is hard to describe other than continuous irregular beeping).

Black screen:

This happens mostly in Cold War and sometimes on Minecraft or even on the Desktop. The screen will go black for 1-2 seconds. This happens rarely but about every hour. On the previous version of my display drivers this happened much more often. I saw a post where someone tied to problem to color processing on the gpu so I opened to display color settings in amd Adrenalin and the screen went black and on and black and on like 20 time within like a minute.

Attempted Fixes:

After a few days of trying to solve the problem by adjusting in game and gpu settings with no progress, I fully uninstalled all AMD software/drivers and reinstalled Adrenalin which then reinstalled the display and chipset drivers. This did nothing so I waited for the next update to release and this did not help either besides slightly minimize the black screen issue. Running the gpu at different hz doesn't help either and switching between hdmi cables neither. Reinstalling all the games did not nothing either. I also reseated both my gpu and ram to no avail.

Specs:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600 AF 6-Core, 12-Thread Unlocked 65W Desktop Processor

MOBO - ASRock B450 PRO4 AM4 AMD Promontory B450 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit

PSU - EVGA Bronze Series 700W ATX12V /EPS12V 80 Plus Power Supply DC-DC Technology (I'm pretty sure this is the one I have but not 100%. I know its 700W though)

GPU - MSI GPU AMD Radeon (tm) r9 390

STORAGE - Crucial BX500 1TB 3D NAND SATA 2.5-inch SSD

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS