Black screen from new computer

Biohel

Reputable
Sep 19, 2015
Hi, so I got this new desktop gaming computer just today I got all these parts and put it together :
Thermaltake Suppressor F51 Mid-Tower
Intel® Core™ i7-6700 Processor
GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 (rev. 1.0)
4096MB Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 Gaming G1
Fury Series, DDR4-2133, CL14 - 8 GB Kit
Seasonic S12II-620Bronze
And I got this old monitor Samsung S22A300N (VGA only) So I had minor problems putting all together but I think I managed to do that, though when I run it, my monitor shows black screen nothing at all, and computer seems to be running.. Any idea?

Solution
If you take the video card out, and the screen works when you plug it in the motherboard you will know that the gpu is the problem and not something else.

jollypirate

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014
Since that card has no vga output im guessing you used an vga to dvi connector to hook it up with the gpu, if thats the case try switching to the other dvi port. If you hooked up the monitor to the vga output on the motherboard getting a black screen is normal since the graphics card is giving out a signal not the motherboard

Biohel

Reputable
Sep 19, 2015
I got PCI-E connected to graphics card and another cable with 6 pins that came with that video card, I do have an adapter but changes nothing, I tried connecting to the motherboard VGA and with adapter to graphics card.

Biohel

Reputable
Sep 19, 2015
No I have not, I got only one adapter, though I hooked up tomorrow with a computer mechanic so I got it packed, and I spend today like 6 hours trying to make it work, so I wont be unplugging it... And I don't think that would be the problem anyway..

jollypirate

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014
a) you dont need two adapters, just put the adaptor out and put it in the second dvi port.
b) Your motherboard does not output a signal because there is a gpu connected to iy, if you put the gpu out of the computer (which takes 30 second) and connect the screen to the motherboard it should start outputting a signal

If there was anything wrong with the hardware you should be getting a error code on the mobo