Jun 13, 2020
Specs:-
GPU: GTX 1650
CPU: i5-8400
RAM: Hyperx Fury 16GB (8x2)
SSD: Adata XPG SX8200 (512 GB)
Motherboard: Asus Prime H310M-D
PSU: Corsair RM650x

So as the title says, whenever I have my 2nd monitor hooked up, and I play certain "Graphic Heavy" game such as Rainbow Six Siege or Call of The Wild, after 30 seconds or so after entering into a session both my monitors go black, the GPU fan goes crazy loud and the computer is still running. Note that I am using 2 VGA monitors and am using converters to plug into both the HDMI ports of the GPU. This issue does not happen when I have only my main monitor running. Any ideas as to what is causing the issue?

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the PSU in your build? What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? Windows 10? If so, you should ideally be on version 21H1. As for your GPU, use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then reinstall with the latest GPU drivers, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Mind you, you will need to source the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site.

Make and model of your monitors and a link to the adapter's used?

SanoNoob

Commendable
Jun 13, 2020
Just upgraded my PSU about last month. BIOS version is "BIOS Ver. 2602". Yes, am using Windows 10. Yes, I am on 21H1. I have tried using DDU and doing a clean reinstall of the nvidia drivers, to no avail the issue persists.

As for the monitors, my main monitor is a SyncMaster 943 NW (75hz) and my 2nd monitor is a HP w1707 (60hz). I don't have the link for the adapters as I bought them from a local IT shop but they're called "TinyTech HDMI to VGA cable converter"

SanoNoob

Commendable
Jun 13, 2020
Nevermind, I have found a solution. My motherboard has a HDMI port, so I plugged my 2nd monitor into that, went into the BIOS and turned on iGPU multi-monitor and updated the drivers for the integrated graphics on my cpu. Been playing for a few hours, no black screens, nothing. And don't worry, I don't use my 2nd monitor to play games or anything, just casual stuff like youtube and discord. Thanks for replying anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.