Black Screen GPU Fans 100% when ingame?

Apr 21, 2017
Hello peeps since half a week I've been getting a problem where if I start-up a game, any game then I get a black screen
I can still hear m8's on discord but I cant open task manager, I'm forced to restart the pc.
When the screen blacks out the fans go crazy, I'm not sure the temperature but I would be guessing full...power?
I haven't changed anything recently
also, the fans gpu fans don't run when not doing anything, but I think that's default on the gtx 1060?
I've tried a DDU restart and reinstalled the drivers but that did not fix the issue.
I've tried downloading msi afterburner and playing around with the settings that didn't do the trick either. But when starting up the games no unusual temps?

Any help/advice is appreciated in advance

GPU:Gtx 1060
motherboard: intel H110 mATX motherboard (msi)
psu: corsair cx650m
cpu: intel 6500?

Solution
hmm okay. well it could be the cables. maybe swap them out, and see if that makes a difference.

it could be the GPU, maybe check and see if it's seated correctly and it has the correct power cables in place.

it could also potentially be the PSU, but your PSU is okay. not great, but still okay.

hmm okay. well it could be the cables. maybe swap them out, and see if that makes a difference.

it could be the GPU, maybe check and see if it's seated correctly and it has the correct power cables in place.

it could also potentially be the PSU, but your PSU is okay. not great, but still okay.

Solution