Toby_K

Prominent
Jan 7, 2022
Pc stats:
EVGA GTX1060 3GB
Intel i5-4570
4x2 GB DDR3 RAM
320w PSU

Hello, my PC has recently started to run into the blackscreen-fans-in-helicopter-mode issue. A few months ago it only happened when I played demanding games on max settings (even tho it wasn't an issue for the GPU, it was perfectly able to handle it), and then it started happening more and more often. For example, if I launched Cities:Skylines (a game that can literally run on an Intel HD4000 integrated GPU), the game started to crash right after loading a world in, unless I set everything to the very lowest setting (even had to lower down the resolution). My GPU should run it at high/ultra settings without an issue. This blackscreen thing started to happen more and more often, with today's new record: 3 crashes in 10 minutes right after turning the PC on, not even touching anything. A blackscreen from the desktop. GPU temps are low all the time, this happens even at 27°C. I ran MSI afterburner, and tried to figure out what may be causing the issue, figured out it's the PSU, but then I saw the crashes with 0% GPU usage on desktop, so that's probably out of play.

Any ideas what may be causing it?
Thanks in advance

Toby_K

Prominent
Jan 7, 2022
Oh, and looks like I forgot to state that the PC is still running after the crash, keyboard and mouse inputs work, just the screen blacks out.