Reputable
Mar 21, 2017
hey guys here is my system build;

MOBO: B350 PC MATE

GPU: GTX 1080

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

RAM: DDR4 16gb at 1199mhz

PSU: XFX XT

I built this computer 3 years ago and suddenly when playing high graphic games such as neir and nioh the computer screen will sometimes go black, my fans go extremely loud and fast. I can still here in the game in the background and still play it, yet my screen is blank.

I have tested for overheating and all is fine, gpu temps are good and so is the rest of the computer.

I'm really not sure what could be causing the problem? I have 0 dust in gpu, well maintained as well as the entire computer itself.

I have been playing gta online fine, no issues and a few older games but graphic heavy, blank screen after around 5-10 minutes of play.

thank you for reading

Nasty_1

Reputable
Mar 21, 2017
What's the PSU wattage?
If your temps are good....I think PSU is probably the culprit.

600W PSU

To me it sounds like a GPU driver issue. Have you installed a new driver recently? If not try updating your driver OR if you have try reverting to the older driver.

started happening on old drivers so installed nvidas new drivers through geforce experience and same issues

Nasty_1

Reputable
Mar 21, 2017
"600W PSU "
Is it an XT Bronze?
If temps are good....and you ran a new driver...I'm still leaning on that it's the PSU.

yup its the bronze XT, if it is indeed the psu, which psu would recommend for my build? come to think of it, I think i borrowed the psu from my brothers computer that he built in 2017.

The reason I asked is....the Bronze XT is rated pretty bad.
Here>>>

it is rated for
Tier D • Recommended only for very cheap, iGPU systems

If you are going to stick with the 1080......600 watts is fine.....but try and go with something "Tier A" on that list.

Personally I run Corsair RMx units and I like them a lot.

The vast majority of Corsair and Seasonic units are of good quality as well.

Also consider this....running with a tier D supply carries greater risk to your system. It can fail and take everything with it......which is a good reason to go with a good quality PSU.

Nasty_1

Reputable
Mar 21, 2017
The reason I asked is....the Bronze XT is rated pretty bad.
Here>>>

it is rated for
Tier D • Recommended only for very cheap, iGPU systems

If you are going to stick with the 1080......600 watts is fine.....but try and go with something "Tier A" on that list.

Personally I run Corsair RMx units and I like them a lot.

The vast majority of Corsair and Seasonic units are of good quality as well.

Also consider this....running with a tier D supply carries greater risk to your system. It can fail and take everything with it......which is a good reason to go with a good quality PSU.

thank you for the advice and links, will get a better psu from the list and see if that fixes the issues