Black screen help!

Dec 31, 2018
So I have a RTX 2080, a asus crosshair vi hero x370, ryzen 1800x, 32gb corsair ddr4 2666mhz ram, corsair hx850i psu, Windows 10 pro. Everything is recognised in bios, everything is up to date, every driver is working fine until I try to install the nvidia driver. This is when the problems happen. I can install completely in safe mode, as soon as I try installing or booting in normal windows it black screens. After the black screen I can get into safe mode and bios. I've tried the ddu install, custom clean install, with and without GeForce experience. The thing that gets me is AMD don't have a graphics port on the mobo but I'm still getting signal from the graphics card if I wasn't I wouldn't be getting into bios or safe mode. I just don't understand why this could be happening! Please help me I'm ripping my hair out! (New build less than a week old, reinstalled windows 6 times from different sources, recognised in device manager in safemode after driver installation, same problem with older drivers, all hardware is fine. It's also watercooled.)

Solution
Everything you describe point to a driver issue or possible gpu failure. Before you download the driver it's working because winows has a basic generic vga driver just to get you a display, but when you download driver and the gpu is supposed to be utilized. It stops working. I'd return the gpu at this point sounds like you have exhausted everything I'd have suggested
Everything you describe point to a driver issue or possible gpu failure. Before you download the driver it's working because winows has a basic generic vga driver just to get you a display, but when you download driver and the gpu is supposed to be utilized. It stops working. I'd return the gpu at this point sounds like you have exhausted everything I'd have suggested

Solution
Dec 31, 2018
Thankyou for the reply, it's what I was starting to think, I just wanted to make sure before I take apart the water cooling haha, could have been doa as I didn't test it first so I may take it somewhere to be taken out and the new one to be tested and 're installed first.

Dec 31, 2018
The problem was if anyone is curious there isn't a new enough bios update for the mobo to run the RTX cards in Gen3 pcie so I took it to gen 2 and it all works perfectly now!