[SOLVED] Black screen in GPU intense games, but I can still hear the game, and PC is still on | Weird case, please help

Dec 22, 2020
Once in a while I'm coming across a problem. At seemingly random moments my both monitors are turning black, while I can't do anything. Game is still working, I can hear the sounds etc. PC is still on, but I can't use any shortcut for example to mute my Discord.

At first I thought it was random, but lately with release of Cyberpunk2077 I found a situation where I could replicate that GPU crash with 100% success, it was while opening a map.
Before when I had this issue sometimes format C would work.

I've tested and benchmarked both GPU (with 3DMark, userbenchmark, etc.) CPU (with Prime95 10min, 3DMark, Cinebench) and there was no problems.

I've just did format C, and this didn't help also. GPU drivers are up to date, and I've run the game on clean Windows install with bunch of programs that I always install like chrome, steam, discord etc.

Specs:
GPU: 1080 Ti EVGA
CPU: i7 9700k (on 4.7 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 4000 MHz with (XMP enabled)
MOBO: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming K3
PSU: Chieftec (850W probably)

I'm using two monitor setup, so it's not a faulty monitor.

Normally format would help with this issue, but right now I can't really play the game I want.
Do you have any ideas?

Last edited:
Solution
I don't really have more than one PSU.

Update: I switched GPU to second PCI slot, and it seems that it works for now... Let's see for how long.
Dec 22, 2020
I don't really have more than one PSU.

Update: I switched GPU to second PCI slot, and it seems that it works for now... Let's see for how long.

Solution