[SOLVED] Black screen in windows, works in safe mode.

Oct 3, 2020
I have a problem, one of ports in my gpu seems to not give signal, PC recognizes that the monitor is plugged in, nvidia driver also sees it, but screen is black. But when I launch the system in safe mode the port works correctly.

So far I tried uninstalling drivers with DDU and installing them again, installing older version of drivers, plugging gpu in different PCI-E slot, updating system.

GPU is nvidias GTX-970, windows 10 64bit

Solution
This has to be a OS issue. If you see signal in safe mode then your normal mode is jacked up somehow. If worst comes to worst you can always do a reset PC which will keep all your data but wipe out everything else and put a clean Windows in there, but as I said you have to install apps all over again. This is worst case scenerio if you can't fix it and what not. 🤞
Oct 3, 2020
Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme 3
GPU: GTX 970 Zotac
CPU: i5-4690k
PSU: Thermaltake Smart SE 630W
RAM: Ballistix Sport DDR3 8GB dual 1600MHz CL9

It was working perfectly fine for a long time, but one day after my routine cleaning when I plugged everything it, the issue was born. Like an hour before cleaning there was a windows update that installed, idk if that could be related. I had that issue for a while now, been using my onboard graphics card for the second monitor, but wanted to give another try on maybe solving it.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
This has to be a OS issue. If you see signal in safe mode then your normal mode is jacked up somehow. If worst comes to worst you can always do a reset PC which will keep all your data but wipe out everything else and put a clean Windows in there, but as I said you have to install apps all over again. This is worst case scenerio if you can't fix it and what not. 🤞

Solution