Black Screen Issue on Windows Loading Screen, after activated my GPU

HonkyPonkyTonky

Prominent
May 9, 2017
Hi, im totally in a trouble with my graphic card Sapphire HD 7850 OC 2GB.

Today I was playing GTA V and suddenly came up some vertical green-yellow lines on my monitor and a buzzy sound. Then my mouse and keyboard locked and i must force my computer to restart.

I restarted but after the Windows logo with spining colors it gave me a black screen. I waited some minutes but nothing... So then i go into Safe Mode and disabled my GPU Driver. Then the normal mode of Windows appeared this time. But when I try to install my GPU driver again, it causes the same problem with that black screen issue.

After then, I try to repair my system files but it did not work. Then I formatted my OS and installed Windows 7 x64 Ultimate again. Then installed drivers but it gave me the same problem. Then i unplugged my GPU from my computer and cleaned it up then replaced it. But it gives nothing again. Same problem, same black screen.

I have checked my GPU fans and nothing wrong with 'em, they are spinning like almost they do. I controlled if my card had burnt on GPU-z but it seems on the program.

I tried CMOS clean up and BIOS default etc. These gave me nothing too. And i don't know what to do more. I am a student and don't have much money, so hoping this problem does not coming from any bad hardware situation. I need your guys' help.

My system :

FX 6300 3.5 GHz
Sapphire HD 7850 OC 2GB.
MSI 970A G46
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
GSkill Ripjawsx 8 GB of RAM

I appreciated your guys' helps from now already.

BTW I tried last AMD drivers and older drivers (comes from CD).

Solution
Without drivers, card works at about 1% of it's power- and some parts of it are not used at all. When you install drivers, Windows tries to activate all those parts, and since they are not working, you get black screen. There's absolutely no reason drivers that did worked with your card just decided not to - and although files on drive could get corrupted, simple reinstall would fix that.
Anyway, your next step is clear - test the card at other comp.

HonkyPonkyTonky

Prominent
May 9, 2017

Firstly, thx for your reply.

I think it is not dead because my motherboard don't have any onboard VGA's. Display cable is on my GPU's port and it gives me normal display without its driver. But with the driver, problem starts again. So that's the because of I am thinking (or hoping) the problem comes from software or something like this.

Maybe, im too optimistic. :D

Without drivers, card works at about 1% of it's power- and some parts of it are not used at all. When you install drivers, Windows tries to activate all those parts, and since they are not working, you get black screen. There's absolutely no reason drivers that did worked with your card just decided not to - and although files on drive could get corrupted, simple reinstall would fix that.
Anyway, your next step is clear - test the card at other comp.

Solution

HonkyPonkyTonky

Prominent
May 9, 2017

You' re right. I'm gonna give it a try on a different computer. Thanks for your help.