Question Black Screen Issue

Mar 16, 2019
Hi guys,
So let me explain you the situation; I found a used Msi Nightblade Mi 2 with i5 6400 and gtx 970 for €260. The seller says that after him replacing the hard drive, pc started to give black screen. I think that I can save it if I reset the bios and the drivers. What do you guys think, should I buy or can it be a problem that I can't solve? Let me know please.
Thanks

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I think that I can save it if I reset the bios and the drivers. What do you guys think, should I buy or can it be a problem that I can't solve?

To be honest, there is no way you could tell what the problem is without troubleshooting. It could be many things.
Equally the person selling it might not be telling the whole story about his components.
Equally the person selling it might not be knowledgeable enough to know what he might have done wrong in the first place.

I wouldn't risk it unless you can troubleshoot it first. It'll end up being more hassle that it's worth if it's not a simple fix, and if it's not that simple, you'll be pulling your hair out wondering why your just spent 260 Euros.

Just my view though. (y)

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2019
To be honest, there is no way you could tell what the problem is without troubleshooting. It could be many things.
Equally the person selling it might not be telling the whole story about his components.
Equally the person selling it might not be knowledgeable enough to what he might have done wrong in the first place.

I wouldn't risk it unless you can troubleshoot it first. It'll end up being more hassle that it's worth if it's not a simple fix, and if it's not that simple, you'll be pulling your hair out wondering why your just spent 260 Euros.

Just my view though. (y)
thanks for your thought

Reactions: PC Tailor