Black screen issues.

Idifferent

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015
Hello,
I've built my first PC few months ago and since then i've had this issue my PC's screen goes black then comes back randomly...also I'm also playing MMOs like B&S/Perfect world or any other game i run the game screen would freeze(not responding) untill i unplug and then plug back the HDMI cable back into the monitor doesn't matter if i play games max settings or low settings still happens.I've read few suggestions here on forums and what i've done till now:|
-Did a clean graphic cards install
-Got a DVI to HDMI cable
Yet it still hapen... I'm out of ideas ;/
My specs:
CPU:Ryzen 5 1500x (no oc)
GPU:GeForce GTX 1050 TI 4 GB
MOBO:ASrock b350 pro4
PSU:EVGA 600W i think its bronze... forgot.
RAM:CorsairVengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz 2x4GB
HDD:WD Blu Hard Disk 1 TB 7200 RPM, SATA 6 GB/s, 64 MB Cache, 3.5 "
SSD:Samsung EVO850 250GB
Case:Corsair CC Spec 03 Red
Monitor:LG 25UM58

Solution
It is very likely that it is a cable issue. Perhaps your cable cannot handle the bandwidth 2560x1080 that the monitor's resolution needs especially if you run it over 60Hz. I think this monitor can do 75Hz and this could be why it goes blank.
I would use an HDMI 2.0 or at least 1.4 cable without an adapter directly to the PC. I also have one of these monitors at my office and I use an HDMI to DVI cable but it must be DVI-D (dual link), meaning the cable must have more pins than a DVI single link cable.
http://i.imgur.com/qRyPK.gif

My adaptor cable HDMI to dvi is dual link and I dont get the black blinks or turn to black like others do.

gaborbarla

Distinguished
It is very likely that it is a cable issue. Perhaps your cable cannot handle the bandwidth 2560x1080 that the monitor's resolution needs especially if you run it over 60Hz. I think this monitor can do 75Hz and this could be why it goes blank.
I would use an HDMI 2.0 or at least 1.4 cable without an adapter directly to the PC. I also have one of these monitors at my office and I use an HDMI to DVI cable but it must be DVI-D (dual link), meaning the cable must have more pins than a DVI single link cable.
http://i.imgur.com/qRyPK.gif

My adaptor cable HDMI to dvi is dual link and I dont get the black blinks or turn to black like others do.

Solution

Idifferent

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015

Hello gaborbarla,
Thank you for your reply i just checked again the DVI cable i bought one week and ago and it is DVI-D after looking at the picture you posted,also monitor is running at 60Hz right now.