[SOLVED] black screen just after showing the windows logo?

hakimul.islam

Reputable
Dec 19, 2018
some might get angry at me that why I am using such an old pc with latest graphics card, but still I want to know why black screen after I install the driver?
Well, I am using a 8 years old desktop.
specification:
Processor:
Intel core to quad Q8400 2.66ghz(95w)
Mo.bo : Gigabyte G41MT-S2
Ram: 8gb twinmos(2x4gb)
PSU: Gigabyte Hercules Pro 530(450w cont. supply) a shitty psu :-(
Aha now the graphics card: Galax Geforce Gtx 1650 ex
HDD: W.D. 1TB
1.every single windows updates done
2. necessary softs like every C++, .NET framework 4.6 etc done.
Everything works fine until I install the nvidia graphics driver, after restart windows 7 logo appears and then monitor shows no signal going to power saving mode etc. etc.(black screen)
tried clean install, uninstalling all other drivers, but same black screen. only works in safe mode.

I tried Asus gt 730 2gb ddr 3
and Gigabyte radeon r7 250 2gb ddr3
they just works fine with the latest driver !
But sometimes after playing games for an hour or two or more with the Radeon R7 pc freezes and needs to do force restart.

once tried gt 630 2gb ddr3 but that one caused black screen like this gtx 1650 too.***

so what might be the problem guys?
mobo can not handle so much watt? as gtx 1650 takes all power from mobo? I found in a website that my g41 mobo is 130W max tdp .(processor is 95 watt)
also I never faced any problem with the 730 gt at all even playing games for several hours, but had minor problems when used the radeon r7 250 for longtime and R7 consumes more power than gt 730.***
OR gtx 1650 is just as unlucky as the gt630? gt 630 worked fine in another 4th gen core i5 pc.?
other than switching back to those cards anyone know any easy solution to get the 1650 working without blackscreen?
I'll upgrade to a 9th or 8th gen intel processor and mobo later so no need to suggest to upgrade.

Last edited:
Solution
LoL i had a live chat with a nvidia service provider and he told me that intel core to serise processors(and maybe lga775 mobo too)are not compatible with gtx 1650. I am just unfortunate because previous serise 1050ti(and other 1000 serise also)is comptatibe with intel core to porcessors. but 16 serise are not.
here is a list which graphics cards are compatible for my mobo , shit man! last serise is 10 serise and even 20 serise is compatible, as its abit too old mobo no more bios update is available and im stuck(dont' know why they did not include some compatible serise also). hopeless.

hakimul.islam

Reputable
Dec 19, 2018
Make sure the bios is the latest version, and also go into bios and make sure that the GPU is enabled and set as main driver for display
no new bios after 2011 so far as its a very old motherboard by gigabyte.
in BIOS my graphics is set to PEG or Pci Express Graphics, other options are pci graphics , onboard graphics. so definitely PEG is suitable.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
no. I don't think it's a wattage issue on the PCIe.

That would be the case if the system was locking up after putting a load on it like with gaming, but at boot and at idle it shouldn't be drawing hardly any power at all just like with the other two cards so the system should just boot normally.

Can you just switch the display cable (hdmi or whatever you are using) over to the motherboard and then boot please.

Leave the 1650 in there like normal, but just use the motherboard video out instead and see if it boots and shows anything on the screen.

If so, then you'll need to disable the iGPU in BIOS as it is probably causing some kind of conflict with using the dGPU.

If nothing still though, we can try a couple other things.

Also, I stated that you should update the BIOS to the latest version.

And all you replied with was that the latest version of the BIOS was released way back when.
This doesn't matter.
If you are currently not running the latest BIOS available from the manufacturer, then my point still stands that you should update it to the latest version.

hakimul.islam

Reputable
Dec 19, 2018
no. I don't think it's a wattage issue on the PCIe.

That would be the case if the system was locking up after putting a load on it like with gaming, but at boot and at idle it shouldn't be drawing hardly any power at all just like with the other two cards so the system should just boot normally.

Can you just switch the display cable (hdmi or whatever you are using) over to the motherboard and then boot please.

Leave the 1650 in there like normal, but just use the motherboard video out instead and see if it boots and shows anything on the screen.

If so, then you'll need to disable the iGPU in BIOS as it is probably causing some kind of conflict with using the dGPU.

If nothing still though, we can try a couple other things.

Also, I stated that you should update the BIOS to the latest version.

And all you replied with was that the latest version of the BIOS was released way back when.
This doesn't matter.
If you are currently not running the latest BIOS available from the manufacturer, then my point still stands that you should update it to the latest version.
there are two bios for my mobo in gigabyte global, one version F6 another version F7; F7 is the later or latest version , I have F7 installed, so no newer bios is really possible until someone Bios expert make a new bios for me which is impossible.
Also yesterday I tried it in my friends pc which is a 4th gen core i5 cpu and gigabyte mobo can run the 1650 flawless.
I though this might be an issue with the os , but no...today I installed windows 10 pro in my pc and guess what ? shitty same result first windows logo then black screen. what a joke?
now what happens is during the driver installation i hear a similiar sound of plugging in a pendrive and after that dont get the signal everytime when logging in to my. the mother board cant recognise the graphics card after installing driver LoL.

Last edited:

hakimul.islam

Reputable
Dec 19, 2018
LoL i had a live chat with a nvidia service provider and he told me that intel core to serise processors(and maybe lga775 mobo too)are not compatible with gtx 1650. I am just unfortunate because previous serise 1050ti(and other 1000 serise also)is comptatibe with intel core to porcessors. but 16 serise are not.
here is a list which graphics cards are compatible for my mobo , shit man! last serise is 10 serise and even 20 serise is compatible, as its abit too old mobo no more bios update is available and im stuck(dont' know why they did not include some compatible serise also). hopeless.

Last edited:
Solution

hakimul.islam

Reputable
Dec 19, 2018
Well I'm sorry to hear that.
Looks like either a 10 series card or platform upgrade is necessary to have a GPU in that system.

Thanks for being with me all this time @QwerkyPengwen and @Metal Messiah. before upgading to core-i I have to carry on with my R7 250 2gb-D3.....can run almost all games in low setting without any lag with that even get 70 fps in csgo. besides this family limit gpu and not good at even running 60fps in YT so an upgrade is must today or tomorrow. still hope is that if gigabyte or nvidia release a new beta bios or graphics driver.(which is not going to happen even if I become the owner of nvidia or gigabyte.... 😂 😂 😂 LOL just kidding)

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Well no actually.
You don't have to upgrade to an Intel CPU.

If you're plan is to go onto the used market to find an Intel upgrade for super cheap that uses DDR3 RAM, then that's fine I guess.
Otherwise, if just going new, then you'll end up getting newer platform that uses DDR4 RAM.

And if that's the case, you should go with Ryzen.

Here's a Ryzen build for you that is super cheap for reference.
Also, it's based on the assumption you live in the United States.
This build is nearly useless to you if you live in another country since price and availability of components can vary drastically for different countries.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($64.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M-HDV R4.0 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($64.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($62.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $192.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-20 20:07 EDT-0400

Reactions: hakimul.islam