Black screen monitor.

Spencer Chu

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014
So I was recently tinkering with my ram because originally I had 8gb 2 sticks and I found out that one of the sticks were not put in all the way. So I pushed it back in and when I turned on my pc the screen did not work (They do on my laptop) I am using a VGA to dvi converter on my graphic card. (Geforce GTX 550 ti) Also some of the usb ports were kinda wachy like my mouse would work on all of them and my keyboard did not work. (Testing to see if the back light turned on) So I was wondering could it be that somehow when I was working on my ram, the video card would just die like that? Please help. Thank you.

Solution
It sounds more like the computer won't post than just an issue with your video card. Try taking out that stick of RAM that was hanging out and see if it boots then. My guess is your motherboard is having a problem and producing beep codes and you don't have a motherboard speaker hooked up to hear them.

permanoob

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
It sounds more like the computer won't post than just an issue with your video card. Try taking out that stick of RAM that was hanging out and see if it boots then. My guess is your motherboard is having a problem and producing beep codes and you don't have a motherboard speaker hooked up to hear them.

Solution