[SOLVED] Black screen, no BIOS, no safe mode after updating Nvidia drivers...

May 4, 2022
I got a good one for you legends out there...
So, there was an Nvidia drivers update. At some point during the update, the screen went black like it usually does for a couple seconds but this time the image never came back.
The screen stayed black for like 10 minutes until I pressed ctrl alt delete which restarted the computer right away for some reason.
Now when I start the computer, the TUF logo appears then it goes black and I can't do anything, I can't even access BIOS and I can't boot it in safe mode no matter what...
I've tried taking the graphics card out and plugging the HDMI cable straight into the MB hoping I could get to the BIOS or safe mode but it didn't even make it to the TUF logo, the screen just stayed black.
I tried booting it with a Windows USB media plugged in but it didn't do anything, unfortunately.
I thought that the boot priority was probably set to my SSD and I can't change the priority without accessing BIOS.
So I tried taking the SSD out and just leave the HDD plugged in with the Windows USB media, still black screen, it didn't matter if I plugged the HDMI cable into the card or straight into the MB, it would still give me a black screen right away.
Any ideas ? I'm kinda desperate at this point tbh, I can't do anything anymore...

CPU : i5-9600KF
GPU: 1660ti
Motherboard: TUF B365-M Plus Gaming

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Power down the system, disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery from the board for at least 30 minutes. See if you're able to remove all storage drives as well before you try powering up the system.

Lutfij

Titan

Power down the system, disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery from the board for at least 30 minutes. See if you're able to remove all storage drives as well before you try powering up the system.

Solution
May 4, 2022

That's a trick I forgot and didn't try ! I'll give it a shot when I get home.

Thank you for your quick answer, really appreciated !

May 4, 2022

You are an absolute legend !! I posted on 4 different forums, you're the only one who suggested that and it freaking worked !! Doing this allowed me to get to the BIOS where I changed boot priority in case I needed to boot with Windows media but I didn't even need to because as soon as I exited the BIOS I was back into Windows. I tested everything, tried a couple of games, works like a charm. I didn't need to de/reinstall the Nvidia drivers so my guess is that the update messed with my MB and restarting it was all I needed to do. Thanks again ! 😁