[SOLVED] Black Screen No Bios

Prem Sawari

Honorable
Jul 26, 2015
Hi,
I got a laptop off facebook yesterday. It's a PowerSpec 1510.
It has a gtx 1070 which it's not detecting. I tried everything but couldn't even find it in the systems hardware after using Cmd prompt to show hidden. It showed up and I uninstalled it hoping to reinstall but once I did this, it vanished permanently and when I fresh installed windows to a new SSD, it still wasn't showing.

Soo...
I went into the bios and changed the setting from Microsoft hybrid gpu to discrete GPU meaning it'll force the system to output to the discrete.

Now my laptop powers on to a black screen. No bios, no splash, nothing.

Things I've tried:
Unplugging internal battery and holding power button for over a minute with the power unplugged.
Removing both RAMS and trying to power it on, it powers on but black screen and no fans spinning.
Trying to blindly boot into bios by pressing F2 and then pressing f3 to supposedly reset the bios settings to default (since I literally just got this last night I can't use memory to guess and navigate much)

There's not much support for this device. It's the stupid brand microcenter put out that they never really supported.

The seller has agreed to full refund and return but I can't get it back to the way it was before the black screen.

PLEASE SAVE ME OR THIS IS 500$ DOWN THE DRAIN AND I'M NOT RICH.

Solution
The seller sold you laptop with dead gpu, dont worry you can still run it with integrated but since you force 1070gtx in bios you will get blackscreen.

Locate the CMOS battery (remove power cable before disassembly), hard to see in this model but it might be hiding under some connectors, look from youtube powerspec 1510 disassembly videos until you removed the back panel, then as first thing after removing back plate disconnect main battery connector like you did before. After that is done look for CMOS battery this pic shows it : http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/powerspec-1710-1510.809785/page-18

Look on the right under WIFI/ WLAN card (you need to remove this first) there is small 2 cable connector (red and black...
The seller sold you laptop with dead gpu, dont worry you can still run it with integrated but since you force 1070gtx in bios you will get blackscreen.

Locate the CMOS battery (remove power cable before disassembly), hard to see in this model but it might be hiding under some connectors, look from youtube powerspec 1510 disassembly videos until you removed the back panel, then as first thing after removing back plate disconnect main battery connector like you did before. After that is done look for CMOS battery this pic shows it : http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/powerspec-1710-1510.809785/page-18

Look on the right under WIFI/ WLAN card (you need to remove this first) there is small 2 cable connector (red and black wire) which goes under 2 of the bigger ribbon connectors which lead to USB board. So remove wifi card then disconnect the cmos battery connector from the motherboard. Wait for 15-20minutes (obviously main battery connector STILL disconnected, then connect cmos batttery connector back to motherboard, add wifi card. And as last thing connector main battery connector and disassembly the laptop back. This should make bios defalt settings after cmos reset

Solution