Question Black screen, no BIOS

Apr 1, 2020
I recently brought an GTX 1060 Asus Turbo 3GB, and I swapped my old GT 430 with this GTX 1060. I connected everything correctly and I pressed the power button, PC starts, beep 1 time after 5-10 seconds and the "no signal" from the monitor disappears and it remains black and the BIOS doesn't shows. My motherboard is Acer Veriton M4610G with the latest BIOS which is P01.B0 from 2012/10/15. With my old GT 430 and with the integrated graphics it boots fine. Can the GTX 1060 be faulty? Or it's an incompatibility with my motherboard? I tested the GTX 1060 on my friend PC and the same thing happened (he has an even older motherboard with 775 socket).

My specs:
Intel Core i5-2310
8 GB RAM
GT 430/GTX 1060
Corsair CX 650M (650W) PSU
Acer Veriton M4619G Q66H2-AM V1.1 (latest BIOS P01.B0)

Jan 29, 2021
I recently brought an GTX 1060 Asus Turbo 3GB, and I swapped my old GT 430 with this GTX 1060. I connected everything correctly and I pressed the power button, PC starts, beep 1 time after 5-10 seconds and the "no signal" from the monitor disappears and it remains black and the BIOS doesn't shows. My motherboard is Acer Veriton M4610G with the latest BIOS which is P01.B0 from 2012/10/15. With my old GT 430 and with the integrated graphics it boots fine. Can the GTX 1060 be faulty? Or it's an incompatibility with my motherboard? I tested the GTX 1060 on my friend PC and the same thing happened (he has an even older motherboard with 775 socket).

My specs:
Intel Core i5-2310
8 GB RAM
GT 430/GTX 1060
Corsair CX 650M (650W) PSU
Acer Veriton M4619G Q66H2-AM V1.1 (latest BIOS P01.B0)

What kind of Connection did you use from the Graphics card to the monitor?
also is the PC fans/light still on after the no signal or it just straight up shut down?

Apr 1, 2020
Did you use DVI for your previous graphics card?

Try to power it on with the dvi not connected and then connect the dvi after the beep.

Note : motherboard doesnt really affect graphics card compatibillity
Yes, i use DVI for my other GPU that is actually installed in my PC and it works fine.

Jan 29, 2021
Yes, i use DVI for my other GPU that is actually installed in my PC and it works fine.
There is few more things you can try
  1. Reseat the Graphics card to the PCI-e slot (Verify that all the pins are all in)
  2. Make sure that the PCI-e power connector is connected properly (Try reseating them)
  3. try using a different port, maybe HDMI if i recall correctly your Graphics card model has a HDMI port, perhaps don't use Display port as they could cause some different booting issue, i also could never get DVI to work on my Graphics card, but i am sure its not DVI cable that is the problem, it might be the DVI port on the graphics card
  4. Leave it on for 5 minute to see if there is more beep, if no beep press F12 and see if your Bios boots up
if those steps still doesn't boot up your PC
  1. Disconnect all the power from your PC and then Reset the bios by removing the bios battery or if there is a jumper, short those jumper with a screw driver on most cases Resetting the bios/cmos should fix the problem
  2. Try going into your bios and disable the Integrated graphics card or if there is a priority setting try putting the Integrated graphics to a lower Priority (But this is risky)
Assuming your computer works fine before the change (Which you stated by it boots fine with the IGPU and the GT 430)
if all the steps i have given to you fails then there is a great chance that you have a Faulty graphics card considering it didn't work on your friend's PC
(It could be ESD damage)

but you can try diagnosing your graphics card on a local PC store if there is one, tough it might be difficult on different region of the world

Reactions: Kimokato
Apr 1, 2020
  1. Reseat the Graphics card to the PCI-e slot (Verify that all the pins are all in)
  2. Make sure that the PCI-e power connector is connected properly (Try reseating them)
  3. try using a different port, maybe HDMI if i recall correctly your Graphics card model has a HDMI port, perhaps don't use Display port as they could cause some different booting issue, i also could never get DVI to work on my Graphics card, but i am sure its not DVI cable that is the problem, it might be the DVI port on the graphics card
  4. Leave it on for 5 minute to see if there is more beep, if no beep press F12 and see if your Bios boots up
  1. Disconnect all the power from your PC and then Reset the bios by removing the bios battery or if there is a jumper, short those jumper with a screw driver on most cases Resetting the bios/cmos should fix the problem
  2. Try going into your bios and disable the Integrated graphics card or if there is a priority setting try putting the Integrated graphics to a lower Priority (But this is risky)
Assuming your computer works fine before the change (Which you stated by it boots fine with the IGPU and the GT 430)
if all the steps i have given to you fails then there is a great chance that you have a Faulty graphics card considering it didn't work on your friend's PC
(It could be ESD damage)

but you can try diagnosing your graphics card on a local PC store if there is one, tough it might be difficult on different region of the world
Ok, I will try and I will come back with the update.

Apr 1, 2020
(It could be ESD damage)

I noticed something strange, if i continuously press the power button to force off the PC, after 1 second the PC starts itself on!

Jan 29, 2021
It turned on with the GTX 1060? but did it boot up with the GTX 1060?

If this is the case, try to enable ERP on the Bios setting and then try to boot it up normaly

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020
(It could be ESD damage)

I tried everything you said (without testing the HDMI ports because I don't have an HDMI cable), and still, nothing shows on the monitor, just the black screen. I will try again when I will have an HDMI cable. Then I will buy another motherboard.

Jan 29, 2021
I tried everything you said (without testing the HDMI ports because I don't have an HDMI cable), and still, nothing shows on the monitor, just the black screen. I will try again when I will have an HDMI cable. Then I will buy another motherboard.
to my knowledge Motherboard doesnt affect graphics card compatibility, there is a higher chance that your Grpahics card that is faulty because as you said the PC boots fine with the GT 430

Apr 1, 2020
to my knowledge Motherboard doesnt affect graphics card compatibility, there is a higher chance that your Grpahics card that is faulty because as you said the PC boots fine with the GT 430
Thanks for the help, I will be back with an update when I will change the motherboard, I will change it anyways because it's old and doesn't have many features!

Apr 1, 2020
Good luck, i hope you find the solution for your problem
UPDATE!!!
I installed TeamViewer with my old gpu and switched back to gtx 1060. The sistem booted up and the PC is detecting the 1060. In device manager it says that the 1060 has the error 43 and Windows disabled it. How I can fix this problem?

Jan 29, 2021
Windows is updated to the latest version
Is it Windows 10 or 7?
From my experience using RX 570 with windows 7 the driver seems pretty buggy (maybe because microsoft discontinued support for it) and when i first installed it i have the same problem as yours but after i have windows 10 the problem seems to disappear

Also did you do a clean reinstall of the new graphics driver? Like unisntalling the old driver and reinstalling the new one

Apr 1, 2020
Is it Windows 10 or 7?
From my experience using RX 570 with windows 7 the driver seems pretty buggy (maybe because microsoft discontinued support for it) and when i first installed it i have the same problem as yours but after i have windows 10 the problem seems to disappear

Also did you do a clean reinstall of the new graphics driver? Like unisntalling the old driver and reinstalling the new one
It's Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I uninstalled the driver with DDU, and installed the latest one but still no luck :((

Jan 29, 2021
It's Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I uninstalled the driver with DDU, and installed the latest one but still no luck :((

Oh dear, well there is only 1 more thing i can suggest to do, if it still doesnt work i am affraid its beyond my capability of assessing the problem

Based on my Research apparently Installing the Latest Java could fix the Hardware detection issue, apparently Outdated Java could trigger these problems

My Research is based on https://appuals.com/fix-nvidia-code-43-windows-stopped-device-reported-problems/#:~:text=Code 43 usually means that,are running Lucid Virtu MVP.

I am still quite suspicious that you have a Faulty Graphics card, also i am sorry that i couldn't find the solution for the problem

Incase you found out the problem, please put it in this post or message me so i can learn from it, Good luck mate!

Last edited: