Question Black Screen No Signal issue.

Feb 24, 2021
So yesterday I tried plugging in my second monitor using a hdmi to DP adapter. When I plugged it in, the pc was running fine for like 5 mins, but after that the pc froze and the second monitor started saying no signal. From there I turned the pc off then on again, and I would get the boot logo, but after that my main monitor would say no signal. The PC has all the lights on but the display said no signal. After that I turned off the power using the switch in the back and let the pc rest overnight, I woke up and turned the pc on and I could use windows for about 5 mins, but then my screen just went black, and the PC still had lights. The pc was running fine before I tried connecting the second monitor. And now I'm getting all these issues even though I'm trying to use just the main monitor. Could this be a PSU issue? I can get the pc working for a few mins if I turn the system off completely.
PC Specs:
  • Mobo: AUROS B450
  • RAM: x2 T-Force RGB 8gb ddr4 ram
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
  • GPU: XFX 580
  • PSU: 550W (Forgot exact brand, but I can check if anyone needs details)

So yesterday I tried plugging in my second monitor using a hdmi to DP adapter. When I plugged it in, the pc was running fine for like 5 mins, but after that the pc froze and the second monitor started saying no signal. From there I turned the pc off then on again, and I would get the boot logo, but after that my main monitor would say no signal. The PC has all the lights on but the display said no signal. After that I turned off the power using the switch in the back and let the pc rest overnight, I woke up and turned the pc on and I could use windows for about 5 mins, but then my screen just went black, and the PC still had lights. The pc was running fine before I tried connecting the second monitor. And now I'm getting all these issues even though I'm trying to use just the main monitor. Could this be a PSU issue? I can get the pc working for a few mins if I turn the system off completely.
PC Specs:
  • Mobo: AUROS B450
  • RAM: x2 T-Force RGB 8gb ddr4 ram
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
  • GPU: XFX 580
  • PSU: 550W (Forgot exact brand, but I can check if anyone needs details)
With the psu unplugged
Pull the cmos battery from the mobo
Hold the power button for 30s x2s.
Reseat cmos battery.
Plug psu back in
Power system