[SOLVED] Black screen occasionally after restart. Leaving unplugged overnight fixes.

Mar 7, 2021
Not my computer but a friends. He restarted his computer a couple days ago and he couldn't even get a boot screen. I told him to leave everything unplugged overnight and the next day everything works. Now, a couple days later, it's randomly doing the same thing. There's no pattern or anything to it. I'm guessing it might be a PSU issue but I'm not sure.

Solution
Yeah monitor could be the reason too.... but I thought you knew, how easily to guess if its the Monitor... just when receiving black screen, press num lock if the light...on the keyboard is on, it means the PC is working fine and it's receiving commands, so the problem could easily be monitor or bad cable to the monitor.
Mar 7, 2021
PSU for sure...maybe it has.... leaking or bumped capacitors...
What Mobo does he has? If it's really old, the capacitors on the motherboard could also create such anomalies.
its a b450 tomahawk. He did buy it used factory refurbished tho. Given that all the lights are on and everything internally seems to be running fine i don't think it's the issue. His power supply is ANTEC EARTHWATTS GOLD PRO 650W. I'm suspecting the monitor because when it starts up he gets the MSI logo then a black screen with a white line that kinda looks like a prompt line, but it's probably just an artefact.

Yeah monitor could be the reason too.... but I thought you knew, how easily to guess if its the Monitor... just when receiving black screen, press num lock if the light...on the keyboard is on, it means the PC is working fine and it's receiving commands, so the problem could easily be monitor or bad cable to the monitor.

Solution