black screen of death

Sup3rPsycho

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013
my friends hp smart touch is getting the black screen, he has replaced the ram and the monitor cord that connects it to his laptop but he still cannot fix it, what should he do?

Solution
sounds like a gpu or psu issue... if it's not resetting it's not a cpu issue... could be a gpu/psu issue. could be a loose wire too. make sure there are no lose molex plugs, all the fans are propperly plugged into the motherboard, and nothing looks burnt (i had a heart attack once when i was having strange power issues i disconnected all the plugs and found the 12V line going to the cpu was burnt. i mean seriously burnt, like some electric fire had started and stopped... somehow i didn't break anything other then that wire. that psu was ripped out of my machine so fast i think i stripped a screw)

sounds like a gpu or psu issue... if it's not resetting it's not a cpu issue... could be a gpu/psu issue. could be a loose wire too. make sure there are no lose molex plugs, all the fans are propperly plugged into the motherboard, and nothing looks burnt (i had a heart attack once when i was having strange power issues i disconnected all the plugs and found the 12V line going to the cpu was burnt. i mean seriously burnt, like some electric fire had started and stopped... somehow i didn't break anything other then that wire. that psu was ripped out of my machine so fast i think i stripped a screw)

Solution