Question black screen of death

Jan 15, 2020
i built a pc a couple years ago and haven’t had any problems. But recently i wanted to install macOS onto the computer on a separate ssd. I saw that my gpu (1060) is no supported on macOS. so what i did was i went into the BIOS and put the internal graphics to enabled and searched online for intel uhd graphics for my i7 7700 to view the BIOS and attempt to launch windows with the internal graphics. After i installed the drivers it asked me to restart my pc, for good measure i disabled the graphics card and rebooted the computer with a button that is on it. When the computer booted the BIOS screen didnt show up and now i get a black screen of death. What should i do?

i7 7700 not the k 630 graphics
gtx 1060
gigabyte motherboard
windows 10

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
You should be able to clear the CMOS, by removing the round silver battery from the motherboard and waiting 10 minutes. Note, do that with the power disconnected and any residual power drained by holding the power button after disconnecting the PSU.

OR, you might be able to just remove the GPU from the system, and boot with the onboard graphics.

Reactions: Benito012003
Jan 15, 2020
You should be able to clear the CMOS, by removing the round silver battery from the motherboard and waiting 10 minutes. Note, do that with the power disconnected and any residual power drained by holding the power button after disconnecting the PSU.

OR, you might be able to just remove the GPU from the system, and boot with the onboard graphics.
i did try to boot without the graphics card so i will reset with the battery

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Yeah, clearing the CMOS (by removing the battery) should work.
All you've done is saved a BIOS setting disabling the GPU - clearing the CMOS will reset the BIOS (note, you'll need to redo any changes you made in terms of XMP, or overclocking, or potentially even boot order etc).

Jan 15, 2020

so when i enter the bios what should i do