Black Screen on boot, can't do anything

Legendbuster56

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016
So I was deleting drivers for my RX 480 so I downloaded guru3d driver uninstaller(latest version) and they recommended I rebooted in safe mode. I clicked that option and rebooted in safe mode and now when I turn my PC on, I get no response, just a black screen. I have no clue what to do. I'm using Windows 10-64bit please help.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Does it boot into the bios or nothing works? Does your motherboard have integrated graphics you can try?

If you can get into bios, we can try to boot from Installer

Download win 10 installer from Here and use the tool to make a win 10 installer on USB or DVD - your choice. You will need to use another PC to make it, obviously. Its a boot disc if nothing else

might help to dl your driver replacement, i think you can install them in safe mode

change boot order in bios so USB is first, HDD second
boot from installer
on second page of installer, after language choices, choose repair this PC, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this might fix whatever went wrong as PC should have drivers for the GPU, it shouldn't have just stopped. This will ask for your logon info

If that doesn't fix it
boot from installer, choose repair PC
You know how to get to safe mode from here so see if you can reinstall driver in safe mode or have a look in device manager and see if there is a display adapter showing there. Check any yellow warning triangles

Legendbuster56

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016
When it boots, nothing happens. My CPU has an integrated graphics and my HDMI is plugged into it. I have the CD for Win10-64bit. I can't get into the bios, if I could, I would have just disabled safety mode

illuminatuz

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
safety mode is automatically disabled when rebooting..

remove the card, where are you reaching? do you see the motherboard logo or anything?

if yes, then plug in the new GPU and boot up.. the windows will automatically install the basic display drivers.. then you can download and install from AMD.. :)

Legendbuster56

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016
Well my computer just started working again out of nowhere when I unplugged all my USB ports(mouse, keyboard, headphones)???? Well now I downloaded the drivers and my new RX 480 is working. Thanks guys for helping although I have no clue what happened XO