Question Black screen on boot with Phoenix GTX 1050 TI 4GB ?

May 23, 2023
got a strange thing happening

I got a gigabyte GA-78LMT-ulUSB3

And had a Phoenix GTX 1050 TI 4GB which was working for 3 years no issue but then screen goes black.

Tried the onboard and works so i try a cheap ASUs r5230 card in same pcie and works fine.

Ordered a new Phoenix GTX 1050 TI 4GB and doesn't work out of the box. Tried it on a second machine and a black screen also.

Send it back for another and again the new one has a black screen and nothing It cant be two faulty out of the box

Could the motherboard be starting to fail?

Is the psu starting to fail and not sending enough power to the PCIE/motherboard .

Power supply is gamemaz gp-650 Any ideas

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Try and power up your entire build with a reliably built PSU, borrowed from a friend or neighbor. As for your GPU, can you also pass on the specs to the second machine? Age of the PSU should also be included for both units.

May 23, 2023
PSU is around 3 years old in both machines.

Second machine has a motherboard below

ASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING Motherboard Intel X99 LGA 2011-V3 DDR4 M.2 ATX USB 3.2​

got a strange thing happening

I got a gigabyte GA-78LMT-ulUSB3

And had a PHOENIX GTX1050TI 4G which was working for 3 years no issue but then screen goes black.

Tried the onboard and works so i try a cheap ASUs r5230 card in same pcie and works fine.
This tells me that the card is the problem.
Ordered a new PHOENIX GTX1050TI 4G and doesn't work out of the box. Tried it on a second machine and a black screen also.
There haven't been any new GTX 1050 Ti cards for many years so that replacement must be a used card. If it gives a black screen on a second PC as well, then it has to be that the cards are both dead.
Send it back for another and again the new one has a black screen and nothing It cant be two faulty out of the box
Oh yes it can. You're testing with used parts, not new parts.
Could the motherboard be starting to fail?
If it were the motherboard, no card would work and neither would the IGP.
Is the psu starting to fail and not sending enough power to the PCIE/motherboard .
I don't believe that's the problem because the GTX 1050 Ti Phoenix is only a 75W card. It is not a power-hungry card by any means and if the PSU was the problem, the card wouldn't matter because nothing would be working.
Power supply is gamemaz gp-650 Any ideas
I'm certain that the cards are bad. Even the crappiest 650W PSU is capable of driving a 75W card.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
May 23, 2023
Now strangely i have just put in a random 6 year old HP pc and it worked but not on hdmi only on the Display port. Put it back in my machine and doesn't work at all on any.

I tested it on the old card worked on DP and new card worked on DP.

Going to send the card back, what card but not sure what card will go in here now thats hald decent? Any ideas anyone?
I can certainly help you there. I just need to know three things:
  1. What PSU do you have?
  2. What country do you live in?
  3. What is your budget in your local currency?
Tell me that, and I'll find you the best deal. Well, at least, the best deal on a new card because I won't have access to your local used market (unless you happen to live in Canada).

May 23, 2023
I can certainly help you there. I just need to know three things:
  1. What PSU do you have?
  2. What country do you live in?
  3. What is your budget in your local currency?
Tell me that, and I'll find you the best deal. Well, at least, the best deal on a new card because I won't have access to your local used market (unless you happen to live in Canada).
1) gamemaz gp-650
2) u.k.
3) 200 pound as its a really old gaming pc dont want to spend to much as going to upgrade next year

Thanks for your help