Question Black screen on first boot + Windows sign-in takes too long ?

eduniga

Reputable
Oct 30, 2017
Hello, I’ve been having some trouble lately with my PC. When I first boot my PC, the pc boots to a black screen. My Bluetooth headphones automatically connect to the PC even if there is a black screen which indicates that this is a display problem (it is very possible it has to do with gpu). After a second boot, there is no black screen, and the monitor displays normally. So basically, I have to boot the PC twice to get it to work.

After the computer boots normally, I sign into windows, I type my password and press enter and this is where the second problem appears, the windows signing in takes about 1 minute to finish loading. I recently reinstalled windows 10 to fix this and it worked for a while before it started to take a long time to sign in. I don’t know if this signing problem is related to the black screen but they started to happen at the same time. Yes, I already updated drivers. So, what can be causing this and how can I fix it?

Specs:

Mobo: Asus Prime B450M
CPU: Ryzen 2600
GPU: GTX 1060
Ram: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB
PSU: Corsair cs750m

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the PSU in your build? Speaking of build, what BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? To me this might be a corruption with your OS. What OS version are you working with, considering you're on Windows 10? Make and model of your storages? Check to see if they have any firmware updates pending.

eduniga

Reputable
Oct 30, 2017
How old is the PSU in your build? Speaking of build, what BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? To me this might be a corruption with your OS. What OS version are you working with, considering you're on Windows 10? Make and model of your storages? Check to see if they have any firmware updates pending.
Hey man thanks for the reply, my psu is 6-years-old. I don't know the exact version of the bios but I updated it yesterday so I don't think that's the problem. I also recently reinstalled win10 through the win10 setup.exe which doesn't delete apps.