Question Black screen on laptop after RAM upgrade ?

Dec 24, 2022
Hello! I Just Upgraded the ram of my ASUS GL553VE Gaming laptop from the standard 1x8GB DDR4 2400 mHz to this 2x8GB DDR4 3200 mHZ ram:
https://www.kingston.com/en/memory/gaming/kingston-fury-impact-ddr4-memory
When I first powered the laptop after changing the ram, I was met by the ASUS logo and after that a black screen. When I inserted the old ram, everything worked fine, the laptop booted up, but when I put the new ram back, this time it only showed the black screen, although the fan was working and the keyboard was lit.
I tried to update the BIOS Version but that didn't change anything. I also tried starting the laptop with only one RAM.
Do you know what could I do to make my new RAM Work?
Thank you in Advance!

FoxInFlames

Prominent
Jan 3, 2022
Can you provide the exact model of your RAM? The site you linked doesn't give very specific info.

It could be the difference that crucial says that RAM compatible with said laptop is CL17, but Kingston doesn't provide RAM with CAS latency of 17 (they provide either 16 or 20)

FoxInFlames

Prominent
Jan 3, 2022
As geofelt up there said, the ram you got requires 1.35V, whereas RAM compatible with your laptop needs only 1.2V, maybe it's just the lack of power delivery

Then the natural conclusion should be that these sticks are simply incompatible with your laptop, if you can return these, maybe do so and get a compatible option, crucial lists it's compatible options when you mention the model
According to crucial, these options are compatible with your pc