Question Black screen on laptop with no bios access.

Feb 17, 2019
Hello everybody! I have one huge problem which I can't figure out.
I turned on my laptop few minutes after sleep mode, and suddenly it showed only black screen. Upon pressing the power button, all lights appear to be working, after few seconds the keyboard lights go off, power, wifi and mute buttons are still lighted, screen remains black and the fan of the cpu starts to spin faster with every second. All fans are working properly, I tried to unplug/plug the ram, nothing works, can't access bios.
Model: Hp probook 450 g4
I7-7500u
Geforce video card
8 gb ram 1 chip

Achaios

Honorable
BANNED
May 28, 2013
Get a cable and plug it to your TV or monitor to troubleshoot it.

Usually, what you are describing means dead or unsoldered GPU.

Feb 17, 2019
I have tried that too but still nothing tried to swap screens with buttons on tv with hdmi but still no response and this wild psu fan spinning...

Feb 17, 2019
Could be a heat and/or power issue or a defective motherboard. Have you had any issues prior to this failure?
Sometimes my sound wasn't properly working after wake up from sleep mode but I've always troubleshooted it and it fixed.. that's the only issue I've ever had.

Feb 17, 2019
Sometimes my sound wasn't properly working after wake up from sleep mode but I've always troubleshooted it and it fixed.. that's the only issue I've ever had.
P.s. what's the case if it's heat issue? It could be smth like this cause I used to play guild wars on it and it heated. But never shut down from heat and when I put it to sleep the last time I haven't been playing throughout the day...

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You might try replacing the thermal compound on the CPU/GPU. However, your motherboard could be dead as a result of heat and/or power damage.

Have you tried powering the system with the battery removed and only using the AC power adapter?