quesito

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
Hello! I have a weird problem. I have a Medion (Akoya model) computer. I had installed a nvidia card (550 ti pci-e). It worked fine but one day (not long after installing new geforce nvidia drivers), when starting the computer the screen turns black and I cannot access nor the BIOS menu nor anything. Just a black screen (there is some kind of signal, though, but black). There is an initial short beep that keeps repeating from time to time. If I take out the card and I use the onboard graphics things are OK and there is not a problem. I used this same card in a different computer, older one, and the problem replicated exactly the same way.

The thing is: I tried a new pci-e card (thinking that was the issue, now a gtx 560) in the Medion computer and, to my surprise, I get the very same problem. My psu is also new (480 W) and I guess that should be enough to handle these cards.

Any advice about what to do? All my trials were unsuccessful so far :(

Thank you in advance!

Carlos

quesito

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013

The psu is 480 W, recently baught, and the specs for the card 560 GTX say 400 W should suffice (on the box) (the older computer I also used to test the card has a 420 W PSU). The fact is that it was working for months, and it stopped working a few days ago. Could it be related to a PCI-e slot problem? I hope not!

Thanks for your answer.

zdbc13

Distinguished
PCIe slots rarely go bad unless they are heavily stressed by wiggling, dropping, or otherwise abusing the motherboard.

Please provide full specs including manufacturers and model numbers of all your components. Thanks!