Black screen only on specific resolution

Feb 6, 2019
Hello there

Recently I started getting a black screen after I finished playing a game, my desktop resolution normally is 3840 x 2160 but I was playing a game in Fullscreen in 2560 x 1440, I left my room for a few minutes and I saw that my second monitor had been hit by something and it turned it around a bit (it wasn't a hard impact so it's not broken, it was just turned around like 40º and I don't detect any damage on it but it works fine) but I noticed that my main monitor was flickering every few seconds so I decided to quit the game because I thought that my monitor suddenly moving might have loosened its power cable a little and the change in display devices might have crashed the display drivers temporarily, then I saw that my main monitor was stuck in a black screen

I have tried reinstalling my video drivers from a clean install and fixing the registry but I can't fix it, also the exact issue is that my monitor will have a black screen if the settings are both 3840 x 2160 resolution and 60Hz refresh rate, if any of these two settings are changed it will actually display an image

If it helps, I'm using W7 and the problematic monitor is connected with DisplayPort

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS