[SOLVED] Black screen, PC won't boot but fans and RGB turn on. Also pressing the power button won't turn off the PC

lithium94

Commendable
Nov 15, 2017
I'm going crazy trying to make my computer work and I really could use some advice.

On monday I bought a brand new Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte B450M DS3H motherboard and 16GB of 3200Mhz RAM. When I got home and installed the new components on my current rig everything worked perfectly...I booted onto windows, played some games for a few minutes to test the new CPU and so on. Moments later I turn the computer off to do some cable management and when I tried turning it back on it wouldn't boot . On the next morning I managed to make it boot once by unplugging and plugging every cable, I closed the case moved the PC back where it belongs thinking the problem was solved and again when I try to turn it on the same problem shows up and I havent been able to make it boot again since then.

The PC turns on, CPU fan, GPU coolers and case coolers start spinning normally. RAM RGB turns on, The mobo has some aesthetic orange lightning that also turns on however it doesn't boot and I get a black screen saying that there is no display. The GPU isn't receiving any power because it's RGB doesnt turn on but it's coolers do spin. My mouse and keyboard RGB don't light up on start up like they usually do. And the weirdest thing is that the Power button will not turn off the PC no matter for how long I keep it pressed. Reset button doesn't work either.

I made sure every cable was properly connected multiple times, I also disassembled and reassembled the PC from scratch twice (except the cpu and cooler because I dont have thermal paste to reapply). I even put my old components back together just to be sure that the GPU and PSU weren't damaged and everything worked like normal including the new RAM i bought. So my guess is that there is a problem with the Ryzen chip or mobo. Is it possible that the mobo was damaged somehow? or the CPU?

Specs are:
Ryzen 3600 with stock cooler (upgraded from a Pentium G4560)
Gigabyte B450M DS3H (upgraded from an Asrock B150 HDS)
2x 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz (Upgraded from 8GB 2400Mhz)
120GB SSD and 1TB HDD
Aorus Xtreme GTX 1060 6GB
EVGA White 500W 80+

Solution
I am having the same issue, but my power button works, and my pc turns off. Turns out that my motherboard has built in error protocols, and its telling me that there is an issue with the dram, aka RAM. I will try to push in my ram all the way in, and see if its in properly and test it out again.

The worst part about this is that my motherboard rgb is still on even when i turn off my pc, unless i flip the power switch on my power supply, and i did that once trying to diagnose my rig, and it made a loud popping noise.

Let me know if you fix it, and i will do the same if i fix mine.
I fixed it and managed to boot into windows normally, but Im not sure what I did to be honest. I think it had to do with the RAM and XMP profiles...
Oct 17, 2019
I'm going crazy trying to make my computer work and I really could use some advice.

On monday I bought a brand new Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte B450M DS3H motherboard and 16GB of 3200Mhz RAM. When I got home and installed the new components on my current rig everything worked perfectly...I booted onto windows, played some games for a few minutes to test the new CPU and so on. Moments later I turn the computer off to do some cable management and when I tried turning it back on it wouldn't boot . On the next morning I managed to make it boot once by unplugging and plugging every cable, I closed the case moved the PC back where it belongs thinking the problem was solved and again when I try to turn it on the same problem shows up and I havent been able to make it boot again since then.

The PC turns on, CPU fan, GPU coolers and case coolers start spinning normally. RAM RGB turns on, The mobo has some aesthetic orange lightning that also turns on however it doesn't boot and I get a black screen saying that there is no display. The GPU isn't receiving any power because it's RGB doesnt turn on but it's coolers do spin. My mouse and keyboard RGB don't light up on start up like they usually do. And the weirdest thing is that the Power button will not turn off the PC no matter for how long I keep it pressed. Reset button doesn't work either.

I made sure every cable was properly connected multiple times, I also disassembled and reassembled the PC from scratch twice (except the cpu and cooler because I dont have thermal paste to reapply). I even put my old components back together just to be sure that the GPU and PSU weren't damaged and everything worked like normal including the new RAM i bought. So my guess is that there is a problem with the Ryzen chip or mobo. Is it possible that the mobo was damaged somehow? or the CPU?

Specs are:
Ryzen 3600 with stock cooler (upgraded from a Pentium G4560)
Gigabyte B450M DS3H (upgraded from an Asrock B150 HDS)
2x 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz (Upgraded from 8GB 2400Mhz)
120GB SSD and 1TB HDD
Aorus Xtreme GTX 1060 6GB
EVGA White 500W 80+

I am having the same issue, but my power button works, and my pc turns off. Turns out that my motherboard has built in error protocols, and its telling me that there is an issue with the dram, aka RAM. I will try to push in my ram all the way in, and see if its in properly and test it out again.

The worst part about this is that my motherboard rgb is still on even when i turn off my pc, unless i flip the power switch on my power supply, and i did that once trying to diagnose my rig, and it made a loud popping noise.

lithium94

Commendable
Nov 15, 2017

I fixed it and managed to boot into windows normally, but Im not sure what I did to be honest. I think it had to do with the RAM and XMP profiles, or it was just some really unlucky assembling that I finally finished

Solution
Oct 17, 2019
I fixed it and managed to boot into windows normally, but Im not sure what I did to be honest. I think it had to do with the RAM and XMP profiles, or it was just some really unlucky assembling that I finally finished
Did you perhaps pop the ram fully in to make sure it was seated correctly?

lithium94

Commendable
Nov 15, 2017
Did you perhaps pop the ram fully in to make sure it was seated correctly?
I'm pretty sure it was properly placed, and I reseated both RAMs like 10 times each in the past 2 days. I ended up taking apart everything and breadboarding the mobo. I installed every component outside the case on top of the motherboard box, then plugged a monitor and it booted into the bios. First thing I did after entering the bios was to disable XMP and after that I installed everything back in the case and it worked.

The last 2 things I tested were reseating both RAMs for like the 10th time and disabling XMP and it's been working since then

Oct 17, 2019
I'm pretty sure it was properly placed, and I reseated both RAMs like 10 times each in the past 2 days. I ended up taking apart everything and breadboarding the mobo. I installed every component outside the case on top of the motherboard box, then plugged a monitor and it booted into the bios. First thing I did after entering the bios was to disable XMP and after that I installed everything back in the case and it worked.

The last 2 things I tested were reseating both RAMs for like the 10th time and disabling XMP and it's been working since then
Could've potentially of been a ram issue. Usually post problems are due to ram. Even the error LEDS on my motherboard has the DRAM led blinking when i turned on the pc. I'll try to play around with my ram and see how it goes.

Oct 17, 2019

Hey i got mine to work too! Turns out that mine was also a ram issue. I didn't push the BOTTOM down hard enough.