[SOLVED] Black Screen Reboot

Mar 29, 2020
Hey everyone, new to posting to the forum, and what has brought me here is an issue I seem to be having with my gaming rig.

It is a few years old:

MSI Z97 MOBO
I7 4790K CPU
32GB RAM
1000W psu
GTX970

Anyway, for the last couple of months, I've been having an issue when playing games - the issue being that the computer randomly black screen reboots. No blue screen - no error code - just like someone hopped up and hit the reset button - all monitors go black and the system reboots.

I've re-seated every component (except the cpu). I've monitored temperatures while trying to get the system to trigger the reboot - temps have all been normal. I've even gone as far as reinstalling Windows 10 - all to no avail, the system still has this problem.

I've tried to search this problem all over the internet and the only "black screen" problems I seem to find are about monitors not working.

I'm hoping someone here has had this problem before and can tell me what my issue is, because it's getting very frustrating!

Thanks,

Shen

Solution
Hey everyone, new to posting to the forum, and what has brought me here is an issue I seem to be having with my gaming rig.

It is a few years old:

MSI Z97 MOBO
I7 4790K CPU
32GB RAM
1000W psu
GTX970

Anyway, for the last couple of months, I've been having an issue when playing games - the issue being that the computer randomly black screen reboots. No blue screen - no error code - just like someone hopped up and hit the reset button - all monitors go black and the system reboots.

I've re-seated every component (except the cpu). I've monitored temperatures while trying to get the system to trigger the reboot - temps have all been normal. I've even gone as far as reinstalling Windows 10 - all to no avail, the system still has...
Apr 8, 2020

It is a few years old:

MSI Z97 MOBO
I7 4790K CPU
32GB RAM
1000W psu
GTX970

I've re-seated every component (except the cpu). I've monitored temperatures while trying to get the system to trigger the reboot - temps have all been normal. I've even gone as far as reinstalling Windows 10 - all to no avail, the system still has this problem.

I've tried to search this problem all over the internet and the only "black screen" problems I seem to find are about monitors not working.

I'm hoping someone here has had this problem before and can tell me what my issue is, because it's getting very frustrating!

Thanks,

Shen
I found out the solution! I made a Youtube video just now explaining how I fixed this Issue

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezTPtCg4REw

Solution