Question black screen ryzen

Jun 20, 2020
I am having problems with crashes to a computer idle. there is no blue screen, just a black screen, the sound disappears, the fans spin, the computer itself will not restart until you press reset. this is usually observed immediately after turning on the computer. there were no games. BIOS tried to change to everything on the site, reinstalled windows, changed the power supply. in the load there were no departures even once. accessories without overclocking. The kernel 41 error is written in the log.

r5 2600
asrock b450m pro4
16gb ddr4 (2 * 8gb) 2666mhz
rx 580 8gb aorus
be quiet 600w

thomas123321

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2013
I am having problems with crashes to a computer idle. there is no blue screen, just a black screen, the sound disappears, the fans spin, the computer itself will not restart until you press reset. this is usually observed immediately after turning on the computer. there were no games. BIOS tried to change to everything on the site, reinstalled windows, changed the power supply. in the load there were no departures even once. accessories without overclocking. The kernel 41 error is written in the log.

r5 2600
asrock b450m pro4
16gb ddr4 (2 * 8gb) 2666mhz
rx 580 8gb aorus
be quiet 600w
Are the temps fine, check for cpu over heating? Check if the cooler properly placed. Is the 8 pin connected properly, check if it is loose. Kernel 41 is when the pc doesn't shut down properly which in this case the random shutdown.

eDAP

Reputable
Jun 21, 2020
Had this issue from a bad thermal paste application and airflow. Weirdly it worked fine before a new update for the RX 580. But after I did go through the whole effort of replacing the thermal paste on the GPU and fixing my airflow and I didn't experience the problem anymore.

Note: My audio did keep playing after the black screen, but I still experienced your other symptoms. I searched the kernel error 41 and it just says it's an abnormal shutdown of the system. It might have been when you reset the system.

R5 2600X
CORSAIR 16GB 2400MHZ
B450 TOMAHAWK (NOT MAX)
RX 580 GAMING X 8G
EVGA 600W BRONZE SEMI