Black screen when changing from fullscreen or randomly whilst gaming

mak krajewski

Reputable
Nov 11, 2014
Im rocking an XFX R9 290 with 16GB and windows 7. When I play games or just randomly change to go into fullscreen the screen goes black for a couple of seconds and comes back? Or suddenly whilst playing Tomb raider it decides to stop responding? Its really frustrating and need help :??:

majic2

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014
Could be ram or processoe but mosr likely graphics card, does the monitor remain on power? ( there should be a light indicating whethere its on or off) but since itll also stop responding i guess so. Make sure the cable is plugged in properly and try replacing it. Also maybe try a different slot in the graphics card for example a different hdmi slot. Other than that see if it is under warranty. If yes then contact support from wherever you bought it. If no then try the above and lets see if anyone else here has any ideas

mak krajewski

Reputable
Nov 11, 2014
Do you think it could be the drivers? I will try and replace the cables as soon as possible.
I was playing some alien isolation, and it randomly quit full screen and i could control my mouse but I couldnt get back on the game? I dont think it would be a monitor problem if it does that