Black screen When graphics card is plugged in. help?

ewtrjzfgjksdfg

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
Ok, so i just purchased a new build (my first) it consists of an asus board, 2500k, xfx 6950, 750w psu. etc etc.

Anyway, i put this together last night and fired it up and figured its working fine so I installed windows and went to sleep. Today i decided to play around with it some more and realized my graphics card wasnt even plugged in. (last night i had a vga cable plugged into the mobo) So now when i plug in the gpu i get a blank screen / my monitor saying "no source".

Even if i have it hooked up mobo > vga> monitor with the gpu plugged in = nothing.
GPU > dvi > monitor = nothing..
etc

i have been playing with it and looking this up for an hour and the only thing i got is a headache.

first off do you have all the power plug plugged into the video card?? if you did check to see if the mb or video card is presssing down on the mb shield and shorting out. with new mb check to see there no dirt or bent pin in the pci slot. if your mb has two video card slots try the video card in another slot.

ewtrjzfgjksdfg

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012

when i have it plugged in is when i have the black screen problems. Right now the gpu is plugged into the mortherboard and everything is working fine, so i dont think the mobo is shorting out. I already looked over the graphics card and the mobo to see if i saw anything broken and it didnt appear to have any broken parts. I will try the other slot now though

ewtrjzfgjksdfg

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012

Yes, When I plug in both of the "pci express" 6 pin plugs, That is when i am having the issue of a black screen/ the monitor saying no source.

mjong99

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
I have the same exact issue as you. Just got a new build, GPU from Motherboard works fine, but GPU from video card gives me a blank screen. I got my friend to help me. We exchanged our video cards, my card worked fine on his while his wasn't working in my motherboard. This eliminated the possibility that my video card is defective. So I suspect the problem could be with the PCI slots on the motherboard.

Did you manage to solve your problem? Because I just sent my motherboard only back to Newegg for replacement. Hopefully, my diagnosis is correct.