Black screen when i activate 100hz or above

Adentissa

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
Hi

i've just bought a AOC G2460FQ Monitor :
http://aoc-europe.com/en/products/G2460FQ

When i go to the settings, change the refresh rate to 100 or above, and i apply, my screen became black and nothing happen until the the settings came back to normal (15 or 20sec)

I've bought a DVI-D Dual Link cable especially to have 144Hz

My monitor is connected to my graphics card with this DVI-D Dual Link cable.
I've got a GTX 550Ti

Any solution please ?

BigBadBeef

Admirable
If you would open screen resolution, click advanced and go to the monitor tab, there you need turn on "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display". After that, see if you can still pick 144Hz. If not, then you may have some hardware problems, maybe you've been lied to or given faulty product.

Adentissa

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015

Thank for you reply,
but this button isn't clickable, he's shown in grey instead of black, maybe a problem from the cable i've bought who don't give feedback ?

BigBadBeef

Admirable
yeah-yeah.jpg

If THIS is grey, then you do NOT have a plug and play compliant computer monitor. You will need to remove generic driver and download proper one from manufacturer website.

BTW you're not still running windows 98, are you? :D

Adentissa

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015

Yes this part is in grey.
i'm on Windows 7. You think that if i install theses driver it will be okay ?
But what do you call "Generic Driver" ? The driver of the monitor ?

Adentissa

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015

Huuuuuuuuuu okay !!
I've been in the properties of my monitor, and install the driver from the disc with the manual, driver, and other utilities tool for the monitor.
And now when i go to "Driver Details" windows, it show the path of the Windows basic monitor driver and the path of the driver i've just install.
How can i be sure it use the driver i've install and not the basic one on Windows ?

I've got only 1 DVI port on my GC and 1 on my processor.
It's a GeForce GTX 550 ti (can see it in first post)

Adentissa

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015

86c02eb822.png

Here is a picture of one of my card's features.
So yes it support DVI DL