[SOLVED] Black screen with new GPU, even after I've removed it ?

farhanf44

Reputable
Nov 17, 2018
Hello, I just put my new MSI 2x Mech RX 6600 XT to my Mobo, but even after making sure everything is put correctly, my screen is still black without signal after I turn it on...

I thought I put the card incorrectly, but then I discard the card and restart again with just my usual setup, but the screen is still black... Dunno what I should do now...

Spec :
Ryzen 3 2200G
MSI B350m Gaming Pro
8GB RAM DDR4 2666mhz
Seasonic G550

I'm planning to put in new Ryzen 5 5600 after making sure my new GPU works... But hell, I got a problem even with just inserting new GPU, huft...

Please help 🙏

Solution
Try resetting your CMOS. Easiest way to do it is taking the round battery out of your motherboard and then putting it back in.
If this gets your screen back on what I'd do next is update the bios. Then drop in the 5600 and 6600xt and download drivers for the new card.
Feb 5, 2023
Try resetting your CMOS. Easiest way to do it is taking the round battery out of your motherboard and then putting it back in.
If this gets your screen back on what I'd do next is update the bios. Then drop in the 5600 and 6600xt and download drivers for the new card.

Solution

farhanf44

Reputable
Nov 17, 2018
First, thanks for responding. I've tried this method but to no avail... I think I might plucked off one of the peripherals too or made it a bit loose (in the past my pc won't turn of because of that). But I already push everything in place too and make sure none are loose.

Feb 5, 2023
First, thanks for responding. I've tried this method but to no avail... I think I might plucked off one of the peripherals too or made it a bit loose (in the past my pc won't turn of because of that). But I already push everything in place too and make sure none are loose.
Is there a no signal message, or is it just a black screen?

Feb 5, 2023
It's just no signal, as if I didn't plug the HDMI cable to the monitor.

I tried CMOS removal with and without GPU added on my board, same result... Monitor not responding to my pc. I tried this with 2 monitor already now
I'd leave the card out for now.
So assuming the card is out, and sorry for the rudimentary level of this suggestion, but it's worth trying if you haven't already, pull the hdmi cable out of the motherboard and plug it back in.

farhanf44

Reputable
Nov 17, 2018
I'd leave the card out for now.
So assuming the card is out, and sorry for the rudimentary level of this suggestion, but it's worth trying if you haven't already, pull the hdmi cable out of the motherboard and plug it back in.
Yeah I'm trying any suggestion at this point, I've been working at this for 3 hours now... It sucks I don't wanna upgrade my pc anymore after this

farhanf44

Reputable
Nov 17, 2018
One other thing. And again apologies for asking such a question, but when the card was in your pc did you take the hdmi cable out of the motherboard and plug it into the card?
Yep I did, I make sure I put the HDMI on the GPU but still no response.

what makes this problem truly annoying is that I can't do anything even after I plucked the gpu off and trying to go to the state before I put my new GPU...

Feb 5, 2023
Thank you, I followed all the damn instructions and finally able to get into my desktoo 🗿🗿🗿

Now I'm gonna search for a safe way to install my gpu from YT so I won't get another damned Black Screen
Congratulations!
PC troubleshooting is a pain in the butt, but when you get it to work again, what a great feeling:D