[SOLVED] Black screen when I turn on my pc after I upgraded my cpu

Jun 26, 2021
So I decided to upgrade my cpu to a ryzen 7 5000 series with my motherboard being a ASUS prime a320m-k. I updated my bios to the latest update but after that my screen is black but my pc turns on but no display.

I did the whole take motherboard battery out wait and put it back in but that didn’t work I don’t really know what else to do. The pins are fine aren’t bent I also use my old cpu which was a ryzen 5 3400g and it works normal.

Solution
By chance would you know what type of motherboards I should look for? I’m doing more research about it. I was looking at ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming II
Good MB but also needs BIOS version compatible with Zen3 (5000 series) Ryzen. depends on how long ago it was made or was sitting on shelf. In any case, you could BOOT it with your old CPU and upgrade BIOS yourself. Otherwise, it should be marked on the box or seller should be able to tell you.
Jun 26, 2021
So I decided to upgrade my cpu to a ryzen 7 5000 series with my motherboard being a ASUS prime a320m-k. I updated my bios to the latest update but after that my screen is black but my pc turns on but no display.

I did the whole take motherboard battery out wait and put it back in but that didn’t work I don’t really know what else to do. The pins are fine aren’t bent I also use my old cpu which was a ryzen 5 3400g and it works normal.
Oh the new cpu is brand new

Jun 26, 2021
That it must be BIOS version. Unless you can find a hacked BIOS you need a new MB. Even if it could be done, because of too small BIOS you would hardly get full performance.
I would keep away from all Ax20 MBs. Even cheapest Bx50 chipset MBs are better than As.
By chance would you know what type of motherboards I should look for? I’m doing more research about it. I was looking at ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming II

Good MB but also needs BIOS version compatible with Zen3 (5000 series) Ryzen. depends on how long ago it was made or was sitting on shelf. In any case, you could BOOT it with your old CPU and upgrade BIOS yourself. Otherwise, it should be marked on the box or seller should be able to tell you.

Solution