Question Black screen when loading Farlight 84 then crashes.

Lorathia

Reputable
Jun 3, 2020
Hi guys,

As the title says, when trying to play Farlight 84 the easy anti cheat will do it's thing (Initializes then goes to Waiting for game for a couple of seconds), screen goes black as if it's loading the game but then it just crashes. There are no error codes or the such it just closes down.
This is on steam, and I have tried all the classic fixes (verify files and all that) and it hasn't fixed it.

I have the game installed on a external hard drive, so I tested it on my partner's laptop and it worked fine so I don't think that that's the issue.

Would love some help on this as the Farlight 84 Customer service is kinda useless lol.

System Specs:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
RAM: 16GB
Windows 10 x64
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

1) Is this the only Steam game that has the issue that you know of?
2) Has there been anything reported on the Steam forums or otherwise of any service or program related issues?
3) Is the game fully up-to-date?
4) When was the last time it worked correctly?
5) Was anything new added/removed between then and now?

Lorathia

Reputable
Jun 3, 2020
1) Is this the only Steam game that has the issue that you know of?
2) Has there been anything reported on the Steam forums or otherwise of any service or program related issues?
3) Is the game fully up-to-date?
4) When was the last time it worked correctly?
5) Was anything new added/removed between then and now?
1) Yes it is
2) The only things I could find were people saying to verify the files (Which I must have done like 10 times by now lol)
3) Yes it's fully up to date
4) It's never worked for me at all
5) Nope

I would recommend installing it locally to your PC (not to the external hard drive) and test and see if the same thing occurs. If so, it might be a compatibility issue.

It actually looks like you might not be alone in having issues with it crashing.

Lorathia

Reputable
Jun 3, 2020
I would recommend installing it locally to your PC (not to the external hard drive) and test and see if the same thing occurs. If so, it might be a compatibility issue.

It actually looks like you might not be alone in having issues with it crashing.
I have also tried it on both my C and D drives and still no luck.

That sounds like they actually get into the game, nothing even loads up for me before it crashes.

Sounds like it might strictly be a compatibility issue at that point with everything else working as it should be. Steam games aren't always the best and this may be a case of one of those instances.

Lorathia

Reputable
Jun 3, 2020
Sounds like it might strictly be a compatibility issue at that point with everything else working as it should be. Steam games aren't always the best and this may be a case of one of those instances.
I see, is there anything I could do to resolve that?