Question Black screen when power button is pressed ?

Sep 5, 2022
My Lenovo legion laptop from past 2 days was not starting properly. When I pressed power button the keyboard lights are lit up and system is on but display is black, after watching some videos and forums about solution, I tried all of them but nothing gives permanent solution. After some testing, the display is on after i turn on my laptop for few minutes (maybe draining some battery, can feel heat at storage section) and plug it to power cable it working and then again when i restart or shutdown, same problem happens again. Please if u know something help me.

Sep 5, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I tried all of them but nothing gives permanent solution.
What have you tried, so we're not repeating steps that didn't work out for you...?

What is the model for your Lenovo laptop?
I tried draining the power from laptop by holding power button for x amount of minutes and even tried unplugging battery and directly connect it to AC port. My laptop is Lenovo legion Y545 model.

Lutfij

Titan
You merely need to press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds. You do so, after unplugging the battery from the laptop and disconnecting from the wall. Helps to also remove the stick(s) of ram and using an eraser to clean the gold contacts of said memory. Swap ram slots if you have more than one to work with.

Sep 5, 2022
You merely need to press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds. You do so, after unplugging the battery from the laptop and disconnecting from the wall. Helps to also remove the stick(s) of ram and using an eraser to clean the gold contacts of said memory. Swap ram slots if you have more than one to work with.
When my laptop was on i tried testing hardware health in Lenovo vantage software and it showed every hardware is healthy and done updates to windows,drivers and even bios, still problem continued. i yet to try removing and swapping ram cards. Want to know what exactly causing the problem is it hardware or software, even if is hardware why is it opening sometimes.

Sep 5, 2022
I tried removing and swapping the memory cards but no change, black screen still happening and even tried removing my hdd but no change and one i observed is my ssd where the windows is installed is getting hot when the laptop is on and screen is black,i even resettled my pc cleaning c drive. Do u think my SSD is the fault? Thank you for u reply