[SOLVED] Black screen when putting system under any load. GPU's have been swapped multiple times.

Aug 1, 2021
On-going issue for over 1 month, and have taken this system to 2 different computer repair places and the issue still remains.

Computer will boot up fine with no issues, will run google, and youtube videos with no issues. Upon booting up any game (POE, League of Legends, WoW, Escape from Tarkov, etc.). It will start the game for a second and then all the screens will go black and becomes unresponsive to the point of a hard reset.

Everything that I have tried so far:
  • Reinstalled drivers
  • Reset Windows
  • Reset BIOS
  • Swapped GPU's (Received a new RMA 2070 and then also tried a new 3070)
  • New RAM
  • Swapped all cables, and swapped monitors
  • Cleaned and re-applied thermal paste to CPU
Current System Specs:
  • CPU: Intel i7-8700K 3.70GHZ 12MB (Coffee Lake)
  • GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX 2070 and GIGABYTE AORUS 3070
  • MEMORY: Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 16GB (8GBx2)
  • MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS ATX
  • POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Corsair TX-M Series TX850M 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Semi-Modular
At this point I have a feeling it is the motherboard, but cannot isolate the issues. The computer repair shop used Fur_Mark and said my system passed with the 3070, but the 2070 failed the tests. I am going to take the system back and have them check again, but at this point I'm getting annoyed and am curious if anyone has any experience with this issue.

Let me know if you need more information and I will do my best to get it to you.

Event viewer shows nothing critical until I the restart. Only other thing that shows around the time of the crash is 10016 error about 4 times; not sure if related as that error seems to be pretty broad.

Colif

Win 11 Master
10016 error is DCOM, most PC on earth get those as they windows database errors.

if you think its MB, ask them to swap parts into another and see if it changes anything. Its about only real test for a motherboard.

Aug 1, 2021
Yeah the first 2070 actually had thermal marks on the inside, got a new one from RMA (New card with a new serial number), and they are saying that one is failing too with the same issue.

Realized in the video I took of it crashing the light above the connector to the card was flashing white. But it looks like my 2070 doesn't have that light on it, so it would be hard to tell if that was the issue with it.