[SOLVED] Black screen when secure boot is enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarun_01

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
Hi guys,

I know there are a lot of threads that posted similar question, but I feel like the problem I'm facing is a bit different, so I apologize in advance

A few days back I bought a new assembled rig which came preinstalled with windows 11. ( Intel i5-11400F, 16GB RAM, GTX 3060ti). I know for a fact that secure boot was enable by default when i first booted the PC. At that point of time there was no issues whatsoever. after that i installed the software I needed and a few applications. At this point my focus went to windows updates. There were a bunch of updates waiting to be installed which i did and initiated a restart. It booted properly then too. After a few hours i got another windows notification saying that an update has been installed and requires a restart. So i initiated a restart without a second thought. After the update was done and the system did a restart, i was greeted by a blank screen. No matter how much time i waited the system didn't boot up. Now being a bit terrified i shut down the PC using the physical button and powered it up again, and during the boot i mashed F10 key which allowed me to get into the Boot menu. Here under the Boot options i see something called "Secure Boot" which was set to enabled, and below it was "Clear all secure boot keys" and "Load HP factory default keys" both were greyed out. So out of a hunch i disabled secure boot, which immediately ungreyed the cleared secure boot keys option but i didn't know what it was so I didn't touch it. After this I saved and exit from the boot menu and there it is, the system was booting up normally. This didn't become a problem until I tried playing Valorant. It kicked me out and a error saying I need secure boot enabled to play the game popped up. This is the reason I've been trying to make secure boot work. But no luck so far.

I tried to download the latest bios from HP website and install it, no luck. I tried resetting bios from boot menu, no luck. I removed the CMOS battery and reinserted it and still no luck. Which actually made me think. This issue was not present when i booted up my PC for the very first time. Infact this issue was not present until i restarted my PC to install a windows update. I'm not sure what this actually means anymore, but if anyone can help me solve this issue id be grateful.

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.