Question Black screen when trying to enter the BIOS, windows boot fine.

Oct 12, 2020
Hi,
I built myself a computer 2 months ago and everything wad working fine, and still is, except for entering the bios. I could enter my mb (b550 tomohawk) bios just fine until I tried to this morning and it gave me a black screen after pressing delete. I can boot to windows just fine but if I try to enter my mb bios it keeps giving me a black screen.
The only thing that changed recently is that I replaced the rx580 from XFX with an rx 580 nitro+. Other than that no component has been changed.
Here are my parts :
  • MSI B-550 Tomohawk
  • 2x adata nvme ssd
  • ryzen 3900
  • dark rock pro 4 cpu cooler
  • RX 580 sapphire 8gb
  • 2x 16gb g.skill 3200 ddr4
I've tried the following to no avail : changing from a display port cable to an HDMI cable, unplugging everything beside the keyboard and monitor, resetting the CMOS by removing the battery for 20 seconds, and updating the BIOS to the latest version.

Oct 11, 2021
Have the same problem but have not changed any settings or any hardware. Always just used HDMI.
My build specs.
Version
Date
3/11/2021
Motherboard
Manufacturer
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Model
ROG MAXIMUS XIII EXTREME
Version
Rev 1.xx
Operating System
Edition
Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
Version (Build)
2009 (10.0.19043)
Processor
11th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Audio
Realtek USB Audio
Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer
USB Audio 2.0
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
ASUS Utility

Networking and I/O
Intel® Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V
Marvell FastLinQ Edge 10Gbit Network Adapter
Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz
Thunderbolt Controller 1
Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®

Memory
32 GB
Storage
Seagate Backup+ Hub BK SCSI Disk Device
Micron Crucial X8 SSD SCSI Disk Device
Samsung Portable SSD T5 SCSI Disk Device
AMD-RAID T-FORCE TM8FP500 SCSI Disk Device
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
AMD-RAID T-FORCE TM8FP800 SCSI Disk Device
AMD-RAID T-FORCE TM8FP800 SCSI Disk Device
WD My Passport 25E2 USB Device
Samsung SSD 870 QVO 1TB
Using the delete key to get into my BIOS. Trying to enter BIOS because I'm having problems with my CPU idle temps. AIO cooler seems to be working. All fans on and I feel vibration on the tubes. Getting 60c with 10% use on the CPU in idle. Thinking there is a software issue. Have not experienced any throttling. Played some Skyrim on ultra settings and noticed problems with rendering about 40 minutes into game. Not sure if it's related to the CPU temps. Temps where holding at 70c.

TRENDING THREADS