Black screen when turning on computer after a cpu upgrade

adlisyafiq71

Reputable
Jul 12, 2018
So my computer is 4 years old now and nothing ever change during that time...my computer specs is Core i3 3220 with 8GB DDR3 Ram and GTX 1060 6Gb GDDR5(yes its bottlenecked)....so i bought a Core i5 3570 to replace my old CPU.So after unwrapping the package i found out that theres a warranty sticker underneath the CPU like right at the centre wheres theres a kinda like a contact pins...so i dont know if thats a common thing..so because im kinda uninformed about all this computer stuff..i just use a needle to peel away the sticker which is really sticky and annoying..so im just poking underneath this CPU untill all the sticker come off....after that i install it into my P8H61 M lx2 r2.0 motherboard which i update to exact name of mobo in Asus support website and now my Computer turns on and fans are all spinning but nothing on the screen...plus after about 2 min it shutdown..so i wanted to know did i fucked up the CPU or theres something else wrong..because now when i put back the old CPU..same thing happen to my pc...more information..so the bios is updated to the latest bios which is version 1204 so im sure its ok...other than that,when i turn it on theres literally nothing on the screen like not even the bios..is it possible because if its because my GPU is fucked..the GPU fan spins normally like it should.....please help me thank you and sorry for the long description

Solution
According to ASUS you need BIOS version 4201. Check this document from ASUS: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H61M/HelpDesk_CPU/

vezityshock

Proper
May 3, 2018
What does the sticker look like? Also, try to connect your monitor to the motherboard to activate on board graphics. See if that fixes it so you can update the gpu drivers.