[SOLVED] Black screen while gaming - Fans go to 100% - Event 141 Error

npdcenterpsych

Honorable
Aug 29, 2017
Hello, I have had my PC for well over 2 years now.

I had this issue last year and it went away by itself but it is now back and annoying as ever.

Problem:

While gaming, my monitor randomly goes black screen and i get a "No signal" on my monitor. I can still however, hear sound from the game/discord, and my fans then go up to 100% and I am forced to force-restart the PC.

I monitor my temps and there is no overheating.

However when I check Reliability Monitor I find this error:

Reliability Monitor

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffffd205286e7460
Parameter 2: fffff8071d084148
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 73c
OS version: 10_0_17763
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 4105

What I've tried

• Completely uninstalled drivers with DDU and reinstalled
  • Underclocking my GPU
  • Changing PCIE Cable
  • Changine PCIE Slot on Mobo
Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS IX APEX
DDR4: 2x8 G.SKILL TRIDENT Z
CPU: i7-7700k
GPU: MSI GTX 1080
PSU: Cooler Master v850

Last edited:
Solution
On some other different event ID error, these are the causes as mentioned below, but yours might be different. Your issue seems to be related more like to a Video card TDR failure, imo, Most probably corrupt GPU or system drivers. Have you tried doing a FRESH OS re-install as a last resort ?

Try doing a clean system BOOT.

Kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly, IMO. When a PC that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message might be generated.

An event 41 is used to report that something unexpected happened that prevented...
On some other different event ID error, these are the causes as mentioned below, but yours might be different. Your issue seems to be related more like to a Video card TDR failure, imo, Most probably corrupt GPU or system drivers. Have you tried doing a FRESH OS re-install as a last resort ?

Kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly, IMO. When a PC that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message might be generated.

An event 41 is used to report that something unexpected happened that prevented Windows from shutting down correctly. To determine what may have happened and to identify a potential resolution, it is important to know what the computer was doing at the time just before the event occurred.

If event 41 is logged because power to the computer was interrupted, consider obtaining an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) such as a battery backup power supply. An underpowered or failing power supply may cause this behavior. For example, if you added RAM or additional devices or hard disks when this problem began, the power supply may cause issues.

Try changing the POWER settings in Windows OS. But I think this Kernel-Power critical error is usually power-related, and indicate something wrong with the computer's PSU (Power Supply Unit). Oxidation on the back of the PSU switch might be the cause. In this case, contact a technician to check the PSU, as replacing it could solve the problem.

Another possible reason for this critical error is overheating. Computer usually shuts down when the temperature was too high ?

Solution
Jul 23, 2019
You need to unplug your sleeved cables and then put the raw psu cables directly into the gpu.
If you dont have sleeved cables then unplug them from the gpu and psu and then plug them in again
If that doesn't work then buy new cables! This will work 90% of the time

Sep 24, 2019

An event 41 is used to report that something unexpected happened that prevented Windows from shutting down correctly. To determine what may have happened and to identify a potential resolution, it is important to know what the computer was doing at the time just before the event occurred.

If event 41 is logged because power to the computer was interrupted, consider obtaining an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) such as a battery backup power supply. An underpowered or failing power supply may cause this behavior. For example, if you added RAM or additional devices or hard disks when this problem began, the power supply may cause issues.

Try changing the POWER settings in Windows OS. But I think this Kernel-Power critical error is usually power-related, and indicate something wrong with the computer's PSU (Power Supply Unit). Oxidation on the back of the PSU switch might be the cause. In this case, contact a technician to check the PSU, as replacing it could solve the problem.

Another possible reason for this critical error is overheating. Computer usually shuts down when the temperature was too high ?
His is giving the Live kernel 141 error not he 41 error that you are talking about. Live kernel 141 is related to GPU, these are two different errors. Im having the same issue with the live 141 event. It says its related to GPU and I have placed 4 different GPU in computer with no victory. I have also replaced every component of this PC and its still throw this error. and i did the DDU and reinstall, also went extreme and pulled PC apart piece by piece and reinstalled everything even new HD with with clean install of Wind 10. no luck, been fighting this for months.