• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question Black Screen While Gaming. Help Needed!

Apr 30, 2021
I bought an old PC for Gaming. It was working great at start but after around 4 months the screen of PC goes Black while Gaming to be more specific, sometimes the screen hangs and I hear the weird stuck repeating sound of the game and then I cant do anything at all so I have to force turn off my PC( pressing and holding the power button) and sometimes it displays Black screen and i have to force turn off PC my PC. and sometimes it doesn't turn back on so i have to remove rams sometimes GPU and it starts working again but As far as I have diagnosed it just a coincidence it sometimes work this way sometimes it won't.
when i turn it back on only 1 or 2 times it said your GPU crashed otherwise i get the error of unexpected shutdown.
I thinks its my PSU but could be my GPU.
Things I have already done:
-Cleaned my PC
-Installed 2 extra fans (tried it in cold weather still same problem so i don't think its heating)
-Tried 1 RAM at a time still the same problem

My system Specifications are:
Model: HP Pro3500 series
Intel core i3-3220
Ram: 8GB
Storage: 500 GB SSD
GPU: RTX-570 4GB
PSU: HP Model DPS 300ab 72 300 Watts (which is not enough I know)

I tried to look at the Radeon matrices while playing games and what i think it mostly happens when GPR Vram or Watts are being used more.

Apr 30, 2021
But i have zero expertise in this area so I am just looking for opinion If I am correct. because I don't Want to spend money on buying a PSU and then having the same problem. And i am aware no one can be sure about this but just an idea if I am going in the right Direction. Appreciate your Reply.
And I would also like to know if my processor is a bit under compared to my GPU?

DSzymborski

Titan
But i have zero expertise in this area so I am just looking for opinion If I am correct. because I don't Want to spend money on buying a PSU and then having the same problem. And i am aware no one can be sure about this but just an idea if I am going in the right Direction. Appreciate your Reply.
And I would also like to know if my processor is a bit under compared to my GPU?
The balance isn't a problem. It' as really good budget GPU; you're not trying to run a 3090 or anything.

The PSU is easily the most likely thing. Unfortunately, without parts to test with, there's a lot of trial-and-error, which means starting from the most likely culprit.

Reactions: prominecrafter
Apr 30, 2021
The balance isn't a problem. It' as really good budget GPU; you're not trying to run a 3090 or anything.

The PSU is easily the most likely thing. Unfortunately, without parts to test with, there's a lot of trial-and-error, which means starting from the most likely culprit.
Okay! Thank You For Your quick response ♥

ASK THE COMMUNITY