Black Screen While installing AMD display drivers

holypinkhobo

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014
I just built this brand new PC two weeks ago. It has an AMD 7700k APU with Radeon R7 series graphics. I installed the catalyst installer for the release drivers, NOT the beta drivers. It installed fine and everything was going well, Until i rebooted. My computer wouldn't reboot. It would show the windows loading screen and then would just turn off and turn back on. After much waiting it eventually booted up, until it gave me the bsod with the error (0xa000001). So, I just reinstalled windows 8. After waiting forever for it to install I installed the beta drivers this time and everything was working nicely........ until i installed the updates and it rebooted. SAME THING. Wouldn't boot, bsod, blah blah blah. So then I got angry and thought it was windows 8 so I installed Ubuntu 13.10. The computer was working beautifully. I could reboot it everything was fine. But I find it hard to live off of linux. So I installed windows 8 with the hopes that this time it would finally work. So I installed windows 8 and didn't install the display driver but all the other drivers. The computer was working fine. I installed all the updates, installed windows 8.1, installed all of those updates, and now i want to try one more time with installing the drivers, but now it won't even install the drivers, for the release or beta drivers. Now when it reaches "Installing AMD display drivers" he screen goes black (I waited for hours) until you force turn off the Computer, then it boots up and when i go to device manager it says "Microsft basic display adapters". Now this would be fine if I could actually play games, but I can't because that isn't a real driver, so please help. What can I do to fix this and get the drivers working?

PC specs:
Amd 7700k w/ Radeon r7 series graphics
8gb of ddr3 radeon series ram 2133mhz
250gb hdd WD blue
320gb HDD WD blue
800watt PSU

holypinkhobo

Reputable
Mar 16, 2014
See, thats another thing... when I try to update my bios (MSI G43-A88x) by using m-flash it doesn't see the bios update. I don't know any other ways on how to update the bios.

TRENDING THREADS