Question Black screen while installing nvidia drivers.

Sep 6, 2019
Hey.
Today I upgraded my GPU from 750ti to gtx 1660, and when I started to install nVidia drivers and then it went to black screen.
After restarting pc, black screen appeared after windows logo.
After that I thought, maybe driver conflict and reinstalled windows.
Fresh windows 10 install and bam, nothing changed.
Recently had luck to get into windows and started installing nvidia drivers and again it happened.
Any ideas?
So far I have gotten into that recovery tool or something and tried to fix startup, but no luck.
And looking on the wide interwebs, almost all fixes don't do anything.

My setup (be vary tech gods, its a "bit" outdated)
CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition
RAM: DDR3 KINGSTON HYPERX 8GB 1866MHZ
SSD: KINGSTON 240GB (can't remember the model number)
HDD: WESTERN DIGITAL Blue Caviar 1TB
PSU: Chieftec A80 650w modular power supply
GPU: (before the update it was Gainward GeForce GTX 750ti 2gb golden sample) and now Palit GeForce GTX 1660 DUAL 6gb

Sep 6, 2019
Update.
Everything works fine as long as im in windows setup, after that it still receives no signal after windows logo. I am clueless and already have spent more then I needed this month on pc.
Update. Nr. 2.
Got fresh windows installed, and somehow managed to get into safe mode, installed drivers, yet the same issur happens after restart. Windows logo appears, makes few rounds and disappears, and black screen/no signal appears on monitor.
Update. Nr3.
In safe mode everything works fine and dandy, except sometimes Microsoft 3dge shuts itself down for few times. Maybe it could be some softer ware doing something that prevents me from doing anything?

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019
Update, again.
I feel I have been beaten by technology.
Got into safe mode, uninstalled all drivers and display drivers, restarted system and suddenly, windows went into login screen and everything was fine.
Started to install drivers and suddenly, display lost its signal while drivers where installing.
I have 0 clue what is up with this. I'm done with building pc.

Sep 7, 2019
Ok, this may not work but I have had similar problems here ya go. Use a ddu ( look it up ) to remove EVERY driver in your computer ( regarding gpu) follow the recommended options on the wizard and it will restart your pc when you get back reinstall the latest nvidia driver and it will fix that issue. It could be that their are other outdated drivers which commonly cause issues for gpu’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 6, 2019
Ok, this may not work but I have had similar problems here ya go. Use a ddu ( look it up ) to remove EVERY driver in your computer ( regarding gpu) follow the recommended options on the wizard and it will restart your pc when you get back reinstall the latest nvidia driver and it will fix that issue. It could be that their are other outdated drivers which commonly cause issues for gpu’s

Hey.
It fixed the issue untill I started installing new drivers.
So yeah, still clueless, but thanks for the help

Sep 6, 2019
Why I can easily install drivers in safe mode without any issue, but once I get into regular windows and try install drivers (before was in safe mode and used DDU) it goes all black screen?
Could it be my mobo just can't handle it?
Or could it be the GPU is defective?

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019
Why I can easily install drivers in safe mode without any issue, but once I get into regular windows and try install drivers (before was in safe mode and used DDU) it goes all black screen?
Could it be my mobo just can't handle it?
Or could it be the GPU is defective?

I am in a computer class let me look in to this and I will get back in to you.