Black screen windows 10 help

Noahm

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015
Computer is not turning on properly, my computer want to do a dick check which gets stuck on 7 percent every time therefore I skip it then there is a black screen where I can see my cursor, I have tried ctrl alt del which does not work, I have also unplugged everything and tries to remove any current in the circuit board by pressing the on button while no access is connected. The computer is definatly not overheating

Solution
The black screen is a problem you cannot fix without the win 10 install media, as you need it just test what is wrong with windows. You can't get into Win 10 any other way

There are ways to test the hard drive too but they all need downloads and if you don't have a way to get them.. its hard to do.

Only 2 ways around this, get pc fixed by professionals or get someone you know who has a computer to download it for you. Win 10 installer is not one use software, anyone with a win 10 licence can use it on their pc too.

I would lean towards getting it fixed the first way only as if there is a problem with hdd they can get a replacement and install win 10 for you, much less painful as it should all work when you get pc back.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Download this ona spare computer: Win 10 media creation tool

Make a bootable win 10 install USB or DVD (your choice)
Change bios to have USB or DVD first, hdd second
Boot up

On page after language choices, select repair this pc, not install]
Select troubleshoot
Select advanced
select start up repair - this will scan pc and look for problems with start up - will ask for logon details

If hdd scan stops at 7%, the problem could be your hdd. There are other choices to try first.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The black screen is a problem you cannot fix without the win 10 install media, as you need it just test what is wrong with windows. You can't get into Win 10 any other way

There are ways to test the hard drive too but they all need downloads and if you don't have a way to get them.. its hard to do.

Only 2 ways around this, get pc fixed by professionals or get someone you know who has a computer to download it for you. Win 10 installer is not one use software, anyone with a win 10 licence can use it on their pc too.

I would lean towards getting it fixed the first way only as if there is a problem with hdd they can get a replacement and install win 10 for you, much less painful as it should all work when you get pc back.

Solution