[SOLVED] Black screen with Asus Strix GTX 1070 8GB ?

jaycoco3

Reputable
Sep 16, 2016
Hello there, I've acquired a cheap 1060 and the person I bought it from threw in a 1070 for free, said it's faulty nor knows what is up with it. I've tried booting it up in my system (x570 tuf, ryzen 3600, ddr4 8gb 3200mhz hyperx ram, corsair vs650). All I get is a black screen and fans at 100%, although the fans seem to jump rapidly from (70%~ - 100%) and sometimes it will stop the speed bumps and remain at 100%.

I've cleaned the gpu itself with a soft brush and isopropyl alcohol, repasted it. 1x8pin connector is coming straight from the psu, no molex/sata adapters were used. Other gpus seem to work fine with my system (1060, 980). I can acquire a system with intel hd, maybe it could be something with drivers? Is this worth fixing? I know there's a lot of variables to why the problem like this occurs, but perhaps someone experienced something similar?

Solution
corsair vs650
You might want to change that PSU to something built reliably but with that same wattage.

If the person who gave it to you for free doesn't know what's wrong with it, then it's best you take a magnifying glass to look at the PCB of the GPU from front to back, top to bottom to identify any damaged/burnt areas.

Lutfij

Titan
corsair vs650
You might want to change that PSU to something built reliably but with that same wattage.

If the person who gave it to you for free doesn't know what's wrong with it, then it's best you take a magnifying glass to look at the PCB of the GPU from front to back, top to bottom to identify any damaged/burnt areas.

Reactions: jaycoco3
Solution

jaycoco3

Reputable
Sep 16, 2016
corsair vs650

Thank you for your response, I'll look into that for sure