Black Screen With Blinking Underscore With The Asus M4N68T v2 Motherboard

Oct 7, 2018
So, these past couple of days I have been building a PC and I have had a multitude of problems, and I've been able to troubleshoot every one except this one. It has me stumped. I cannot boot to any drives at all with this board. I have tried Sata Drives, IDE Drives, SSDs, USBs, the only thing that seems to work is the CD Drive, which really isnt any help when I can't boot to anything else. I've done everything I can think of, I've tried all the Sata ports, I've swapped Sata cables numerous times, tried every single drive I have, i've edited the boot order, disabled every single type of drive except the drive with the OS on it, cleared CMOS numerous times, done multiple reinstalls of windows 10, nothing seems to work.

And yes, I have tried to flash the bios as well. Every time I try to do it it says "There are no any existing Drives" even though the drives are clearly listed in the bios.

Relevant specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100t
GPU: Radeon R7 240
PSU: Coolermaster 400W RS-400-PSAR-13
SSD: HP SSD S600
RAM: 2x2gb DDR3
Motherboard: Asus M4N68T v2

as this is an older mb with nvidia chipset. make sure the mb has the newest bios 603. if you do have that pull the amd gpu see if it casuing an issue wit hthe nvidia chipset. you may have to use a nvidia gpu with nvidia chipset mb. as the mb is so old it may not work with the newer drives and you may have to use a 3 party sata controller card.

Oct 7, 2018

So, using an Nvidia GPU didn't solve the issue, I still get to the same screen. Updating the BIOS didnt help at all either. It looks like im going to have to order a 3rd party sata controller card, cause maybe the sata ports on this are defective somehow.